UPCOMING: Events

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of coming back

Default Thinking of coming back

Ive been out of s/w for a couple of years now but my wife misses it so i'm starting to look at setting up a 30 or 40 gl reef. Is there any new equipment that is out that helps without breaking the bank? How about some pictures of your smaller tanks.

Same thing that worked back then, still works now if you are trying to stay in budget. There are plenty of new gadgets if you want to spend money. LED lighting is probably the biggest change, but T5HO is still available.

Picture of my office tank. Still fighting some algae but recovering slowly but surely. 65 gallon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Alton, your tanks always looked great. I'm going to keep it mainly a softie tank to keep it simple. there isn't much traffic here anymore is there. Social media has taken a toll on sites like this but there is something about dedicated sites that really make it friendlier and close knit.

I picked up my 74 gl bow front w/ sump, skimmer, and lights yesterday. I filled it half way to check for leaks and added some salt and put the lights on because i could and i can see progress. All I need now is some minor plumbing and a return pump then I can add sand and rcck and fill it up. Woo hoo I'm on my way again.

Congrats, your half way there

Added sand and 20 lbs of rock and filled it up with water . So far everything works fine but I haven't brought the skimmer on line yet.

I just did after 30 years.

How’s the progress? Tank photos? Still looking for equipment?

I set up a Red Sea Reefer 250 about 2 and a half months ago. I have several fish and several zoas and ricordia. Is goin well. I tried to upload an image but it says it failed.