TIME: 12PM
    ATTENDANCE: Zach, Justin, Mike, Sherri, Rebecca and Cheryl
    ABSENT: None
    30-day notice WAS given

CALL MEETING TO ORDER: at 12:24 motion by Zach and 2nd by Justin

I.
    A. SECRETARY TO READ MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS OFFICIAL BOD MEETING
    1. OLD BUSINESS

Raffle Vote: Finalized February 28th. After a second round of a tie vote, we settled on $850 budget for each swap to pay for raffle prizes with a review to occur before Novemberís swap. Iíd like to hold a vote to confirm the $850 budget rather than increase or decrease.
    Motion made by Zach and 2nd by Cheryl to keep the 850.00 budget.
    Voting
    Yes: 6
    No: 0
    Abstain: 0

New board members: Due to the scope of LMAR, we opened up 2 board positions. Rebecca was nominated and voted in effective September 23rd.

Robert Talamanteís Resignation: Robert notified me that he would be resigning from the board of directors. We need to vote today to confirm his resignation.
    Motion made by Zach and 2nd by Justin to accept Robert's resignation.
    Voting

II. Finances as of 9-26-16
    o Checking: 1137.57
    o Savings: 1598.56
    Paypal: 3459.95
    o CD: 6896.23
    o Total: 9978.31

The BOD had a discussion about increasing the transparency in regards to how the clubs money is being spent each month. Currently the Financial Report only provides the current dollar amount in each account. It does not reflect how the funds were used with respect to the budget, which is a reflection of the quarterly increase or decrease in charter member dues with respects to the previous year.
    Cheryl

Traditionally, the majority of Charter Members renew during the last quarter of each year and as such more funds are spent during the months leading up to and including LMAR. For this reason Justin made a motion to begin reporting monthly expenditures and revenue (again with respects to the previous year) rather than simply reporting the dollar amount in each account. Zack seconded the motion.

This will also increase the accountability of BOD moving forward and each Charter Member will be able to view this in the Quarterly minutes.

Voting

III. COMMITTEES
    A. BYLAWS/ TOU (ALL BOD TO INCLUDE OFFICERS)
    1. PER ARTICLEVIII THESE BYLAWS SHALL BE REVIEWED AT A MINIMUM INTERVAL OF 3 YEARS OR WHEN
    DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Web Members & Sales

After several weeks of feedback from the members, I’d like to propose the following,

Web members will be allowed to sell on our site and our Facebook. The rules would be the exact same as charter sales which are 1 thread per month in Livestock and 1 thread in Hardware. Similarly to Charter Members, web members who violate the rules repeatedly, are here to flip tanks, sell in excess, or who are selling faulty or unhealthy/ misrepresented items will have their selling privileges revoked at the discretion of the moderators and/or board members. (RE TOU Selling is a privilege not a right). These rules as per usual will extend to our Facebook. I’d like to see a charter member vote on the issue. We will be establishing a Charter Member vote on this shortly and it will remain open for one month.

Board members and prizes

After several weeks of feedback from the members, I’d like to propose the following,
    Board members are not allowed to participate in the monthly door prizes. Ideally, we’d have 12+ board members per meeting and this would mean statistically most prizes would go towards the board. Instead, I’d like to discuss making board members eligible for raffle prizes. There are many more charter members involved at our swap.
    Last edited by leliataylor; Wed, 28th Sep 2016 at 04:38 PM.
    Cheryl

Sponsor Shopping Event: raffles and more tickets, and any dollar spent goes directly to the club and it’s future events. There would need to be two board members abstaining (myself and maybe Sherri?) to handle ticket distribution and funds, but I think this would be great moving forward to encourage others to step up to the plate and become board members. If our current minimum board levels continue, future events are put at risk and I think this is best for the greater good of the club. Keep in mind this can be revisited in the future, but being that there is no rule on the books at the moment, I’d like to have a charter member vote on the issue to change the by-laws.

We will be establishing a Charter Membership vote on this shortly.

Keep in mind, for either vote, 1/5 of the voting membership (charters) need to vote for us to have a quorum to change/ create these rules.

This will require an insertion in the Bylaws if both proposals pass.

B. MEETINGS (Zack)

1. 2015 Meeting Schedule

October 16th, 12-4 PM Q4 BOD meeting & DIY Dry rock at Jeremiah's.

NOVEMBER 6th LMAR Frag Swap from 1-5PM

Charter members will receive early access to LMAR at 12:30.
    Raffle tickets will be discounted if more than one is purchased and we will be having some fantastic raffle and door prizes.

DECEMBER 4th Holiday Social at Justin’s House. Potluck & White Elephant gift exchange. The gift MUST be a aquarium related product with a value of less than $25.00.

2017 Calendar: Here’s the date’s I’d like us to use for next year

SUN Jan 29, Sun Feb 26, Sun Mar 26, Sun Apr 16, Sun May 7th (LMAR), Sun June 25, Sun Jul 30, Sun Aug 27, Sun Sept 24, Sun October 22, Sun Nov 5, Sun Dec 10

The April, October, November, and December meetings will break from our end of month schedule to focus on Holidays and to give a buffer between the swaps.

Topics: Power outages in reef tanks (w/ bait bubbler and APC giveaway?), seahorses, 2x swaps, holiday social, hobbyist frag event, Sponsor shopping event.

The hobbyist frag swap would be for people to bring their frags or equipment and swap them with other hobbyists.

I have a rough quote from Star Shuttle for a 5-hour bus trip around town. We would spend about 30-45 minutes at each local SA sponsor and have a lunch in the middle. The bus seats 20 or 40 depending on the budget with the 40-passenger bus being the nicer of the two. 85/hour for the 20 and 110/hour for the 40. The earlier we book, the better deal we
    Last edited by Zack; Wed, 28th Sep 2016 at 05:05 PM.
    Cheryl

can get and they want to work within our budget and do offer discounts to local groups. Rates are best in July and we’d need to find out soon if the membership is interested. We cannot afford to have a low turnout to this meeting so we may have to toss in some door prizes to get the numbers.

It sounds like a lot of money, but considering our budget is around $200/ meeting, we can easily make the rest up through cuts in other meetings.

In order to have this event we would need people to sign up early so we can reserve the bus.

We will provide 2 months of discussion to determine the amount of club interest.
    Early RSVP's will receive a extra raffle ticket.
    A prize will be raffled off at each store.

DIY:

I’d like to continue the DIY workshops that we had this year into next year. If anyone has any ideas, please share them.

2. LMAR

Right around the corner. We are ordering the raffle prizes in the next few weeks and will need on hands on deck for both days of this event. BODS are to arrive Sat Nov 5th at 12:00PM and Sun Nov 6 at 9:00AM. We will also need to have volunteers to
    offered to help us. Keep in mind we CANNOT use the black duct tape again. Masking tape only, Jason has made some sunlight blockers that the aquarium is storing that we can use. We should also buy the aquarium employees a $50 GC to Shipley’s and drop it off the Monday before the event.

The online RSVP is going great but I really need everyone’s help getting the excitement up for this event. Moving forward we will begin using this list for all events.

C. SPONSORSHIP (Zack & Justin
    1. Maintain relationships with sponsors
    2. Acquire new sponsors
    We acquired 3 new sponsors for LMAR they are ARK, River City Aquatics and Unlimited Coral.
    3. Re-sign old sponsors

D. NEWSLETTER (CLOSED)

E. MARKETING (Justin & Zack)
    1. Budget set and is being used.

2. MAAST MERCHANDISING Tools

T-shirt Reorder is a no-go. Too expensive for what we’d be interested in so we’d probably be re-ordering coolers next year as well as looking into microfiber cloths.

Swag: Really haven’t heard back from any of our contacts about goody bags and goody bag swag. Not sure what to do here as we’ve reached out to them extensively. We will need to reach out to all of our sponsors for swag to the event.
    Cheryl

Sponsor email list: offer a free raffle ticket to those who add their email information to be given to sponsors for email blasts (let them know on the sheet) as many sponsors have expressed interest in this.

FB Marketing: Justin, myself, and Rebecca will need to start FB marketing LMAR this week. What should our budget be? ARC did very well with $150 over three ads.
    We are looking for other Premium Sponsors that will appear on our ads.

3. Sponsor Appreciation: Starts today at Coral Cove and runs until LMAR.

F. EDUCATIONAL (Cheryl)
    1. NEW HOBBYIST FORUM (should we delete this)? It is not being used.
    2. Power Point Presentations
    We are looking into doing 10 minute educational programs with a 5 minute Q&A every half hour during LMAR. The topics could include things like lighting, tank parameters, cycling, etc. We still need to confirm with the San Antonio Aquarium that they will allow us to do this.

G. CONTESTS (Rebecca & Mike)

Tank of the Quarter (Rebecca & Mike)
    1. We need to get Q3 nominations up. We also need to set the prizes setup for the contest. I’m thinking- $100, $75, $50, $25 if the next nominations really goes well and we get people interested. If not, $100 for the winner and that’s it. This one doesn’t seem to have the excitement the last one did. If these next two don’t do well, we may consider not doing this in the future.

CGOC (Zack)
    1. Same as above, not a lot of excitement in my opinion. We need to set pricing but due to lack of entries most of the money was used to pay for the frags (we did not get the GB price for the full number of contestants). I’d say somewhere around $75-100 prize for the winner and strongly considering not renewing this next year.
    2. Many people expressed interest in this contest, however they never purchased the coral. This out us over budget for this contest. Another alternative would be to reduce the prize to $50.

Golden Frag Program (Mike & Rebecca)
    1. 2x $50 GC golden tickets (paid for by MAAST) in the first 10 coolers for charter members, followed by gold marked frags throughout the event. The first two frags at each sponsor booth will be paid for by us and will win the buyer a $25 gift card to that sponsor that they will use that day. After that, it’s up to the vendor. Any vendor is able to participate but anything they give out will be donated to the club. This will be paid for from our raffle budget as we will be coming in well under the $850.

The BOD agreed to move forward with the Golden Frags Program which will begin in November at LMAR.
    Cheryl

IV. ANY FURTHER BUSINESS
    A. Dues

1. Most of our dues from the year come around this time. Please message us if you’d like to know when you expire! Justin made a motion to begin posting when Charter Member dues were becoming due. Sherri is preparing the list.

B. Site cleanup

There are several forums that have not gotten use in years. I’d like to possibly hide those forums to make site use a little less cumbersome. We will be reviewing this.

V. MOTION TO CLOSE THE MEETING

Motion made by Justin and 2nd by Zack.
    Meeting adjourned at 1:44 PM
    Cheryl