UPCOMING: Events

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bangi cardinals babies

If you mix your baby brine shrimp with some Reefroids or Decasulated brineshrimp they will start to wean off of the live food, and onto a much easier/healthier food source. Usually it will only take me a week or two for this to happen. Also, try hatching your brine shrimp in an Ozarka squirt bottle. This will make it very easy to add it to the tank and add more water to the bottle.

Default Bangi cardinals babies

That is so awesome! Will you be selling them?

Down the road a few months

That's really cool! I look forward to seeing updates!

So far the babies are doing great and love my sump I am hoping to have a 90% success rate since I had 4 our of 20 last time live and I know what I am doing this time. I have just started to introduce baby brine shrimp and they are scarfing them down.

Do the brine shrimp alone provide enough nutrients?

I would assume that enriching the brine shrimp would be best but i have never raised fry.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I mix the baby brine shrimp with reef roids or some other dry food to see if I can get them to eat other things. I am not sure if they are it does look like they are trying to eat it but not positive its all a trial and error process for me.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilverz View Post
    I mix the baby brine shrimp with reef roids or some other dry food to see if I can get them to eat other things. I am not sure if they are it does look like they are trying to eat it but not positive its all a trial and error process for me.
    I have some artemia enrichment here and could give you some. It is designed to enhance fry development and is very easy to use. I need to go to SA this week and could drop some off or meet you somewhere, although if they are already starting to take other food at his point you really don't need it for this brood. It would be good to have on hand for your next round of little cardinals.
    Cheryl

I have no idea if they are or not and i am have been feeding the frozen baby brien shimp not live. But if someone can teach mebi will grow them.