UPCOMING: Events

Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

Not really sure why I haven't posted on this forum yet despite the advice to do so but here we go: After mulling things over a bit, I was thinking we should do the following activities:

• Offer up a DIY challenge or your best DIY idea
    • Get a couple of members to talk about various products or do product reviews. I really like the format that ReefBuilders uses and although we probably do not get access like he does,something small and possibly a reach out to some manufacturers for info couldn't hurt
    • I for one would like to see more social based meetings. My suggestion is possibly do a kickback meeting at someone/possibly a BOD members house. A BBQ kickback at a sponsors place is a nice alternative as well.
    • Include sponsors or have a sponsor spotlight segment of each meeting where a sponsor gets to talk about their business. I've been talking about the idea with a couple of LFS's in town to gauge their feedback
    • We could use facebook as a tool instead of an enemy; using it to direct folks to the site. Perhaps have a featured article and link to the article on our site
    • Perhaps create some 101 articles, like posts for beginners to read to get some info. Some ideas are Nitrogen Cycle, the difference between Salt and FW systems, The pitfalls of being a reefer, Equipment needed and optional equipment
    • Other than the growth of corals, the science and research behind the various techniques and processes are fascinating. Perhaps we could have someone talk about the latest technique or process in the hobby. Awhile back in Coral Magazine, they were talking about flow and some other sites were showing the various methods of generating flow

Anyhoo, I think I have rambled enough...

Default Suggestions

Some great ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To all Military.....Thank you for your service

Thanks man, ideas of your own?

Is there a section on how to use the forum, how to reply to post, how to update your own post and how to close your post when done? There are post that are so o?d it is hard to find new fresh info. I posted a for sale item....it is gone but I have no idea how to close it out.

Quote Originally Posted by PRC View Post
    Is there a section on how to use the forum, how to reply to post, how to update your own post and how to close your post when done? There are post that are so o?d it is hard to find new fresh info. I posted a for sale item....it is gone but I have no idea how to close it out.
    Most of those items are pretty simple.

Reply: There is a "Reply to Thread" button at the bottom of each post.

Edit: Click "Edit Post" in bottom right of post.

Finding new content: I personally use the "New Posts" page right under the "What's New" menu item. This will provide you with the recent activity.
    -You had me at PWM