UPCOMING: Events

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure on waste line?

Default Pressure on waste line?

Russ,

Would it be a problem to have some pressure on the waste water line? I'd like to use a drip system off the waste water line to water some plants and a tree. I was thinking I could use a check valve on the line then have some drip adapters come off of it.
    Master Reef Curmudgeon

It will be just like changing your flow restrictor - putting a (much) tighter restrictor in. You could do some experimenting by removing or changing your existing restrictor and then installing your drip system - as long as the end result is something around a 4:1 you're golden!
    SPONSOR

RO and RODI Systems and Supplies
    www.BuckeyeHydro.com for all your water purification needs
    Info@BuckeyeHydro.com

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeHydro View Post
    It will be just like changing your flow restrictor - putting a (much) tighter restrictor in. You could do some experimenting by removing or changing your existing restrictor and then installing your drip system - as long as the end result is something around a 4:1 you're golden!
    Good deal, thanks!
    Master Reef Curmudgeon

I do this. But I just run my line to a tree. Then next time I move it to the next tree. My trees are way bigger than my neighbors so it's working. Haha
    Kevin- 375 Gallon Reef

Reefing made easy...

i have my line running to my front yard. just finished filling my tank so yard got plenty of water only thing i have and ugly line running in the yard. was wondering if i could rig something up to a soaker hose and have that in the yard instead
    -Ruben-

I have 2 44 gallon brutes on the side of my house that collects the waste water.. Its behind the fence so not a eye sore.... But i leave my ol mag 9.5 out there rigged to a water hose that i run to where i want in my front yard....
    With 2 new monterey oaks in the front, the one that gets the majority of the water looks alot better than the other....
    ReeF mafiA

Just run drip line(without the nozzles) buried under ground. Just bring the out of ground where you want to waTer. Or are you trying to water the whole yard?
    Kevin- 375 Gallon Reef

Reefing made easy...

I was thinking of doing that but I don't trust the RO line to hold up in the dirt. I'll probably run small pvc underground with the RO line in it.

I'm going to water a tree and small pepper plant.

I like the brute idea though. I might rig up something to collect the water in the brute first, then drip the tree.
    Master Reef Curmudgeon

Go to Home Depot and check out the drip irrigation. That's what I use from the waste water on my rodi. Mine isn't buried(but it has been cooking in the sun for two years now) because I move it from tree to tree but I've buried it(that's what it is made for) for many others when working irrigation jobs. It fits the john guess fitting so it's just a quick snap and go. Just don't get the one with holes pre installed.
    Last edited by kkiel02; Mon, 5th May 2014 at 05:22 AM.
    Kevin- 375 Gallon Reef

Reefing made easy...

Thanks for the drip irrigation tip, I just set my waste line up that way with a 100 ft tubing line and it is working great
    ​88g L shaped reef
    150g freshwater cichlid