UPCOMING: Events

View Poll Results: Should the BOD and/or MOD Forums be open for READ ONLY to Charter Members?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should both be for READ ONLY to Charter Members

1 11.11%
  • Yes, the BOD only should be for READ ONLY to Charter Members

0 0%
  • Yes, the MOD only should be for READ ONLY to Charter Members

0 0%
  • No, neither of these Forums should be available to Charter Members

8 88.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the BOD and/or MOD Forums be open for READ ONLY to MAAST Charter Members?

Default Should the BOD and/or MOD Forums be open for READ ONLY to MAAST Charter Members?

Quote Originally Posted by nanoreefer11 View Post
    And in reguard to votes being published, it's been a little hectic lately, so the posting of minutes isn't exactly top priority (although I assure you they are being worked on.) like Allan said in another thread, there's not a timetable for these being posted, but rest assured everything is slowly but surely getting taken care of
    can't wait to see these votes
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Zach, you would come across better if you would take 5 minutes, and actually READ the Bylaws. The above section of of the Bylaws that I posed is titled "Conducting Business by Forum Vote" is the ONLY section of the Bylaws that is under the section of "Meetings". In other words, the Bylaws DEFINE the business in the BOD Forums as "Meetings". And, there IS a timetable, and I'd gather that prior votes were missed? If I go through the published "Minutes" in the Forum where they are supposed to be, there is NOTHING about the "Business" that was conducted in the Forum. The Bylaws aren't "guidelines", they are there for a purpose. The primary purpose of the "Meetings" section of the Bylaws was to keep the business of MAAST from being so private.

So, at a minimum, the minutes need to state the subject of each Vote, and then the results of the Vote. As a Charter Member, I'm entitled to know how each BOD voted. If it's unanimous, feel free to state that. But since I'm not "invited" to these "Meetings", I should be entitled to a know what was voted on, how y'all voted. It's what the BYLAWS SAY.

P.S. Personally, I can buy the MODs Forum being private, with oversight from the BOD. I can't buy not being able to see what our elected representatives are doing in the background. Hidden garbage is what historically has caused problems with MAAST. What are you folks afraid of?
    Bill

215g FOWLR... and anemones, GSP, gorgonians... carp, that isn't FO!

"I killed my first SW Fish in 1971..."

Maybe I missed something in the past, but are you banned from bod meetings? As a charter you can certainly attend per by laws, yet in the past two meetings I haven't even seen a request or even seen you post. Like Ramsey said, if you want the result a poll that's fine, but asking for individual votes and discussion is another thing. Not sure when the next meeting is but I believe it was the one I signed up to host then by all means come, I'll even have a cold beer waiting for you. And I think the real question is what are you accusing us of?
    Last edited by Zack; Wed, 16th Apr 2014 at 09:40 PM.

Default Should the BOD and/or MOD Forums be open for READ ONLY to MAAST Charter Members?

I don't think they're afraid, bill. I just think they're a little tired of being lambasted for the last few days. I know I am. It's been non stop for what, three days now?

One thing after another, I can't wait to see what you cook up next. But, at least some of the membership are actually still talking reefs and fish and not embroiled in this battle of wit.

Good night all, I will catch up in the morning. Or maybe I will go for a run. Either way, it used to be a freakin fish club.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

Yes, it USED to be an "open" freakin' fish club.

Y'all can keep throwing the "can we get back to fish and corals" comments, but this IS a CLUB, and this CLUB has rules. You can keep harping on it - but the fact of the matter is, you (the BOD and MODS) need to stop what you are doing, READ the Bylaws, and decide you are going to obey them. THEN we can get back to fish and corals.

They have been blatantly ignored, obviously. We have a Board Member posting above that doesn't even realize that the discussions they have in their "secret" Forum that have votes HAVE to be disclosed in the "Minutes" that are published. As far as I can see, this quite obvious rule has been ignored, and now that it's been brought up, all of a sudden it appears as though some folks who thought their vote was secret, are a bit worried - at least that's how it looks to all of us peons.

So, BOD. How about you at least do what the Bylaws say, and PUBLISH THE RESULTS OF YOUR VOTING. It's not an option in the Bylaws.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by nanoreefer11 View Post
    Maybe I missed something in the past, but are you banned from bod meetings?
    No, I'm not banned. But... Tell me if I'm wrong. I can't find a single instance of the publication of an announcement for a Board Meeting in 2014. I looked at the MAAST Calendar (now I know who has a birthday this month!), and at the Announcements Forum.

So... I guess MAAST Charter Members are invited, but since they don't know when or where they are... How are we supposed to attend?
    Bill

If you're implying I'm worried about or results going public you are in fact incorrect.

Edit: furthermore, I'm not the individual in charge of the minute releases or writing them.

2nd Edit: I'll give you that, like I said, I'm hosting the next one (if it's the fall meeting) and would be more than happy to have you there.
    Last edited by Zack; Wed, 16th Apr 2014 at 10:23 PM.

I don't know, bill. It just seems that with all the yelling and posts, that you're a bit upset. Eve will probably be better able to answer your questions about the minutes containing the votes that you're after, for this year anyway. She is very good at tracking that. Not sure if we held any "secret" votes last year.

So basically put, you're concerned about the bod announcing meetings and votes. I must have misconstrued the purpose of this vote then, because it seems to me that you're after making the bod and mod area open (read only) to charter membership. I did some searching, not much, but a some, I couldn't find any forum out there that has an open bod or mod area.

I do find it ironic that you're telling me/us to stop "harping" about various aspects of your tirade, but that's all it seems that you're doing. So, if it's permissible for you, surely it can be for us as well, correct?

I admit, yesterday I was getting angry or upset. Today, I'm just bored.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

As a general statement, NOT directed towards any person on this forum. The doors on the front office should remain closed. If you want to know the specifics behind decisions made behind those doors then nominate yourself for one of those positions when there is an opening or re-election.

I am going to be glad when all of this mess is resolved and allowed to settle.

Default Re: Should the BOD and/or MOD Forums be open for READ ONLY to MAAST Charter Members?

Quote Originally Posted by clownfitch View Post
    As a general statement, NOT directed towards any person on this forum. The doors on the front office should remain closed. If you want to know the specifics behind decisions made behind those doors then nominate yourself for one of those positions when there is an opening or re-election.

I am going to be glad when all of this mess is resolved and allowed to settle.
    +1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk