UPCOMING: Events

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deja Vu all over again... Old thread, same old MAAST controversy...

Default Deja Vu all over again... Old thread, same old MAAST controversy...

Quote Originally Posted by FireWater View Post
    Can't have your cake and eat it too. I would tell you to step up, Chris although I know you'll just have an excuse as to why you don't.
    been told no all ready, I asked directly
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    So do away with the front office where sensitive information may be discussed concerning individuals, sponsors, and so forth. Is that what you are advocating? Do away with that one area where the bod can vent their frustrations over the nitnoid issues and debate the various aspects of running the organization? Make that public? I think, even you, can agree that there are larger issues involved. How many bod meetings have you attended since they publicly made it open? I dare say you haven't made a single one.

it's a fish club not some super influential entity
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

And sometimes I wonder if you know the difference. I stand by my question above, and if I remember correctly, on those rare occasions where you participated on the bod, you never advocated making the forum open.

Bottom line? It's not important, nor is it required. As John said, you've an interest, run for the bod. That really goes for all of the membership. You charter to see certain areas, you mod up to see other areas, you bod up to see other areas. Although I would hope that your interest is more than general curiosity.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

And sometimes I wonder if you know the difference. I stand by my question above, and if I remember correctly, on those rare occasions where you participated on the bod, you never advocated making the forum open..
    I changed my mind after seeing the same issues the last few years, which is why bill started this thread
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Understandable.

I still maintain that opening visibility of those areas is both insignificant and unwarranted. I would place more weight to your request if you were indeed sitting in on the open bod meetings.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

Quote Originally Posted by 350gt View Post
    Why should i ask chris? He isnt a bod member...

Yes threatened to be booted off
    Tony, a few years ago Chris served on the bod. It's not a widely known fact, but it is nonetheless public information. I suggested that he be asked as he has (had) first hand knowledge concerning the processes and practices of the BoD.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

Tony, a few years ago Chris served on the bod. It's not a widely known fact, but it is nonetheless public information. I suggested that he be asked as he has (had) first hand knowledge concerning the processes and practices of the BoD.
    and forced out because I worked for elegant reef and gabes, but people don't know that as it's a closed forum.
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

If I read that old thread correctly and the rules haven't been changed, then there is no need to make the forums public as anyone who shows up to a regular monthly meeting should be able to request temporary access to them in order to audit and review.

I would love to volunteer in a more official way but my career calls for long hours with very little time off.

What I have seen consistently over the last few threads is people putting too much emphasis on my background to support their position and others putting too much emphasis on how they "think" or "want" to interpret the rules in place. Contract interpretation is one of the few areas of law where everything is black and white with no shades of gray in between. Enforce the rules in that manner and if we don't like it we can call for a vote to change them.
    ​88g L shaped reef
    150g freshwater cichlid

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Pun View Post
    and forced out because I worked for elegant reef and gabes, but people don't know that as it's a closed forum.
    I can't speak for the "forced out" portion. I am not aware of what happened. I can say this. Our governing body needs a level of impartiality to effectively view all arguments brought before us. That should be SOP.

-Ben-
    "Wisdom is not the product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it"
    - Albert Einstein

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann..._5.75_dark.png

Oh, no, people know. You've mentioned it a time or two.

For the record, folks who are employed by a sponsor can't serve on the bod. I believe that was published in the open bod meeting notes, the vote and everything else.

I actually remembering your last post to the bod that explained why you decided not to run for reelection, and it pertained more to your added workload in school because you got into A&M (congratulations btw) and a few other things. Nothing about being forced out, though.

Hmm

Either way, it's really not a concern to those that are here for the hobby. Those who want to play a constructive part of the organization are welcome to run or apply for a mod position.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera