UPCOMING: Events

Thread: Holy helping hand Batman

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Holy helping hand Batman

As those of you who have taken the time to start getting to know me, you know I'm barely a month into being a salty dog myself. In this last month there have been 6 people that I feel have gone 100miles out of thier way to help me get started; they are in order of appearance:

Brian Styre
    An engineer at my office who took the time to explain the basics or marine aquaria to me and turned me here to MAAST.

Miss Hanna from Coral Cove
    I was hours from going home dumping my tank and saying to heck with this crap....she talked to me on the phone, calmed my frustrations of other LFS's demanding that I spend $X on this or that or I would fail hands down. No real help or info just demands. No listening or caring that I have a weekly budget. She gave me options, alternatives, and advice. Took time away from her +- 1 yr old son (its neat they have a closed off play room/ nap room made up esspecially for him in the shop) to talk to me for at least 30 minutes. Her and her husband will be getting all of my LFS business especially when they are able to carry more dry (relatively speaking) goods. Trust me go see them!!!

Logan (Squiers007)
    Waited for me at Bass Pro to come pick up his sump and threw in about 7-10lbs of DLR, a kick butt scraper, small bag of salt, and 3/4 of a bucket of coral substrate for $20 more

Aquasport24 (never got your name)
    I spoke with him on tuesday about picking up his backpack skimmer for $30 on friday when I got paid on friday. Long story short....I got home to wait for wife and take her car to pick it up and lo & behold my in-laws were here from Corpus with surprise tickets to the 3rd and 4th games of the Missions/ Hooks playoff series. My in-laws and I don't see eye to eye anyway and me turing down the offer to go pick up a skimmer would have just caused problems for my 7.5 month pregnant wife. I messaged him and told him to sell it to someone else. I did and still do feel like crap for doing that to him, esspecially after he held it for me for 4 days.......I'm deeply sorry bud, I hope there are no lasting hard feelings.

Cammed_02 (Robert)
    You sold me your 55 driiled tank and stand to replace my 60 non-drilled tank that was giving me nightmares about 80 gallons of water flowing through my livingroom. You too half payment and let me take the tank home so I could switch over and sell my 60 to someone off Craigslist who never showed. And let me get the rest to you the next day. Thank god for nightmareless nights!!!

Last but not least......

Tristan (Tristan23)
    Took your bubble magus skimmer out if your setup weeks before you were ready to take your system down, because you knew I needed it. I had a layer if gunk at least a half inch on top of my sump water. Just so you know within ten seconds. Of dialing in the presure I had neon green crap in the cup. You got off work around 9pm, I was supposed to meet you but I was under my tank in the stand with a cut off back support, using a temperary support (tank was full and running) putting my 20 long sump underneath and accidentaly knocked the temp support down (**** near prematurly released the contents of my intestines and bladder, remember my head and shoulders where inside the stand) and was working fast so my tank diddnt crash on top of me....you went out of your way to bring the skimmer to me at my home. Then said my setup looked good when to me it looks like a big mess at the moment.

So ill say a hearty Texas "****it fellers thanks fer evrythin I sho do 'preciate it"

If any of you need help with anything...from moving a system to de-gunking a system all you have to do is ask

GOD BLESS

Willard Lynn Black
    Last edited by wbwoodworks; Fri, 13th Sep 2013 at 11:20 AM.