UPCOMING: Events

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NewB from the 210

Default NewB from the 210

I have been lurking on here and I believe its about time I started posting.

I bought most of Robs(robalv) old stuff http://www.maast.org/showthread.php?...it-ALL....SOLD. and have had a bunch of help from Ruben(jrsatx20). Its been a learning experience, as I didnt know squat coming into this. I still dont know much but am learning as I go...

this is when it was setup and the sand was settling and with the old light set up.

Eitherway this is the lastest pic I do have... I changed the lighting to a aquaticlife HID setup from aquarium designs....

At night with the built in leds

As a noob I tend to rush things, but thats a problem I have and have somewhat learned to kick back from my impulse buying. I think of all my hobbies that have came and went this is one that might just stick.

Sofar I have been to Gabes, Aquarium designs and texas tropical and have had good experiences with all three. I think I spend more time at the fish store than at best buy now...... Might do my normal stroll in a bit... see u soon.

I have changed the rock work a little bit recently, plan to do a little more work but understand why ppl say its a PITA...

And I am selling the old light set up if anyone is interested. Will take pics and post a thread as soon as I can.
    Last edited by 350gt; Fri, 17th Dec 2010 at 10:16 AM.

Welcome to MAAST, tank and rockwork looks nice and clean!
    200g-No Corals Yet!

Welcome and congrats on your new addiction. It is a pretty one to look at, but you'll feel the pain eventually..... Kidding. Great start and I am sure Erik will chime in here with his patented BE PATIENT post. He is so right with that. Take your time and don't rush anything and you'll come to love the hobby. That is a nice size tank to start off with.
    ismael
    20 g high

Welcome to MAAST.

And congrats on one heck of a Full Tank Purchase from Robalv. You got the Skimmer and Live Rock I had on Lay Away with Rob lol
    Last edited by Scream311; Fri, 17th Dec 2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Salty Life and Wett Talk, that's my Daily Cup of Coffee
    600 Reef 480 Shark 60 Frag

Quote Originally Posted by ErikH View Post
    Welcome to MAAST, tank and rockwork looks nice and clean!
    ARRRRRGH, he beat me to the post and made a liar of me when he didn't say to take it slow...Thx Erik.....
    ismael
    20 g high

TAKE IT SLOW!

Sorry, I am all over the place this morning.
    200g-No Corals Yet!

thanks everyone. Yes I bought the skimmer but did not pick up the reef keeper.

Asfar as taking it slow, I am trying.. LOL

Tank size, I believe is just about right. I was planning on starting with a nano but was advised not to from plenty of ppl, glad I didnt as I would have wanted to upgrade.
    Last edited by 350gt; Fri, 17th Dec 2010 at 10:31 AM.

Welcome to MAAST. take it slow and it will be worth it. what light are you running?
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Welcome good sir! Ruben sandwich, Gabe, and Robert are all good sources for knowledge. Sometimes it's ok to impulse buy a coral since you can easily remove it and sell it here, but definitely be selective on the fish. They're much harder to remove if you get one with a bad temper, one that nips corals, or one that's just going to get too big for the tank.

This club can really help you out. I think I've learned more in the past 3 years here on Maast than I did in the dozen or so years before that.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx