UPCOMING: Events

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suction Cups?

Something like this Awais? Im thinking 4 should be enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Woods-Powr-Gr.../dp/B000LDEH64

Keep in mind with any brand there's always a chance of failure leading to tank damage.

We also have to consider roughly how many hobbyists have those insanely huge tanks. 4x125lbs shluld
    suffice for most tank moves save for the largest tanks in the club.
    Last edited by Zack; Sat, 21st Jan 2017 at 06:52 PM.

Default Suction Cups?

Yep that or bigger.
    Sorry didn't reply earlier, wasn't able to login
    I got my tank in Friday 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody who has had there fingers pinched trying to place a tank on a stand would appreciate these.
    A short story; a couple walks into a fish store and buys a 135 gallon tank, the clerk ask if they need help unloading at there house? No my wife and I can handle it. A few hours later they come back and buy another tank and get help this time unloading it. Dropping a tank from 3' is probably a big explosion.

We have a set of 4 in Austin and it has literally paid for itself 10x over at this point.

After discussion at yesterday's meeting the board and the members who were present at this point has decided to hold off on a suction cup purchase. Based on our budget this year and the equipment that we've been needing for some time: Projector, frag tank equipment, and a new checkbook amongst a few other things we think using the club cart or hiring professionals may be the best solution for those moving a tank.
    Last edited by Zack; Mon, 30th Jan 2017 at 10:22 AM.

To be honest guys, having suction cups I suppose would be nice but looking at the bigger picture. The group just cannot afford to handle the ramifications of a suction cup the group owned managed to fail for whatever reason. I know that most would say that they would not blame the group but you cannot deny that there could potentially be an individual that would blame the group and ask for financial compensation for damage to not only the tank, personal injury and or their home. The club just cannot afford to take on a liability insurance to cover such a catastrophe in the event that something failed that the group owned and loaned out.

In addition to the liability ramifications, this year we are really looking at the spend on items and making sure they impact the group as a whole. Suction cups to be honest, are only going to accommodate a small few within the group and then we have the added nuance of storing and issuing out the asset. Last year we had a bit of a nuance dealing with an excess bed that was "donated" to the group. The problem was finding a home for all of these items that we do not use on a regular basis. Currently, we do not have a storage facility, due to the monthly expense and excess overhead that quite honestly takes away from offering benefits to charter members. All of the items that the group has as an "asset" are used on a monthly basis with the exception of the frag tank and carts and brought from the homes of several members of the BOD to be used during the meetings.
    -Justin

3 Simple Rules in Life

1) If you do not GO after what you want, you’ll never have it.
    2) If you do not ASK, the answer will always be NO
    3) If you do not step forward, you’ll always be in the same place

100 Gallon Write up
    http://www.maast.org/showthread.php?...-Breeder-world
    135 Gallon Write up
    http://www.maast.org/showthread.php?...267#post978267