UPCOMING: Events

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suction Cups?

^^^ agreed, especially since ill be moving a 375 this weekend...
    Salty Life and Wett Talk, that's my Daily Cup of Coffee
    600 Reef 480 Shark 60 Frag

We can talk about it in the January meeting, although we are considering a large equipment purchase for the club very soon. Once we get lasts years numbers in and set the budget we can look into what we can get. Does anyone have a link to the auction cups you guys would like us to get?

Quantity? Probably 4? Theres a few on Amazon as well to consider.

Also are their any hobbyists who plan a large move soon? I want to make see if this this is something that would get regular use like the par meter

I've got to move my 330g so I think it's a great idea

^^^ agreed, especially since ill be moving a 375 this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Also are their any hobbyists who plan a large move soon? I want to make see if this this is something that would get regular use like the par meter
    Zack, I wouldn't mind being the Designee Responsible for the 4 Suction Cups, as I am Constantly Moving Large Tanks, rather it be my own or helping someone else with one.

ill Eventually have to move my 600 again, when I have a house built.

Would it make more sense to store this with the cart?

Also I spoke with Awais last night. I just want to be up front with everyone and say if we did make this
    purchase it probably wouldn't be until after the first board meeting somewhere around Feb/March if we have the money in the budget and can justify the purchase. Right now the club needs a new projector for meetings and that's going to be a large expense so we will be discussing this during the January 29th board meeting. If you guys wouldn't mind showing up so that we can all discuss this purchase that would be awesome.

As for the cups, are the glass cage ones any good? I need to confirm but it looks like you get 2 for $65. Amazon is $45 a shot. The $80 you had listed would probably be out of the budget for 4.

Default Suction Cups?

Would it make more sense to store this with the cart?

Also I spoke with Awais last night. I just want to be up front with everyone and say if we did make this
    purchase it probably wouldn't be until after the first board meeting somewhere around Feb/March if we have the money in the budget and can justify the purchase. Right now the club needs a new projector for meetings and that's going to be a large expense so we will be discussing this during the January 29th board meeting. If you guys wouldn't mind showing up so that we can all discuss this purchase that would be awesome.

As for the cups, are the glass cage ones any good? I need to confirm but it looks like you get 2 for $65. Amazon is $45 a shot. The $80 you had listed would probably be out of the budget for 4.
    Zach regardless of when the board decides to buy it, buy only 'Woods' brand suction cups. They are the professional and reliable grade.
    I was reading reviews of the ' cheaper' ones and saw many horror stories.
    We will be using it for moving heavy expensive glasses. One loss of suction and the glass is shattered.
    Something to think about.
    No need to rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Suction Cups?

We can talk about it in the January meeting, although we are considering a large equipment purchase for the club very soon. Once we get lasts years numbers in and set the budget we can look into what we can get. Does anyone have a link to the auction cups you guys would like us to get?
    Maybe one of the sponsors might want to buy it and lent it to MAAST. They could use it at their regular store.
    Or they could simply rent it to members for cheap with deposit.
    If you agree Someone might want to ask a sponsoring LFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk