UPCOMING: Events

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H. erectus Propagation

Default H. erectus Propagation

A friend of mine has a seahorse that delivered fry that he was not in a position to raise so he gave them to me. They are now 93 days old and eating me out of house and home. Some are yellow, one is orange and some have cirri.IMGP3585.jpgDSCF2040.JPGDSCF2044.JPG
    The first picture is of one of the day old fry. The second picture is of one of the yellow fry and the third shows one with cirri.
    Cheryl

Very Nice and I like you showing us another use for tie wraps

They work really well for seahorse fry and aren't expensive.
    Cheryl

I moved the youngsters out of their nursery and into a 58 gallon grow out tank today. Turned off the lights to let them settle in and just fed them a few minutes ago. They were back to wrestling with each other over food. I will see if I can't get some pics tomorrow of them in their "big ocean".
    Cheryl

3 1/2 months old and really growing fast. They seem to be enjoying all the new room they have. The darker fry have a large amount of silver on them and lots of cirri. The yellow one's don't have as much silver or cirri (color does not show in the photos).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheryl

Very Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Very Nice!
    Thanks Alton. Right now they can't decide where they want to hitch, just exploring everything. They remind me of my grandson at the park.
    Cheryl

2 of them are now developing a pouch, caught the boys wrestling with each other and trying to dance with some of their siblings. Make that 3 males as of a minute ago.

Last edited by leliataylor; Thu, 11th Jan 2018 at 04:42 PM.
    Cheryl

That is awesome. I was wondering if you have any info on care from do's to don't from personal experience. I am in the process of setting up a tank for them but I want to make sure before I get any seahorses everything is running good. I have some items ready but would prefer to get actual yes and no from someone with experience. I have found info online but never hurts to gain more knowledge from people who have actually had them or currently have them. Any info would be great and sorry for hijacking your thread.
    14g LED biocube
    20g JBJ hydra 26

What is the size of tank you are setting up and what species do you plan to keep?
    Cheryl