UPCOMING: Events

Thread: MESSAGE FROM YOUR 2018 INCOMING PRESIDENT

Default MESSAGE FROM YOUR 2018 INCOMING PRESIDENT

As the new incoming president of MAAST for 2018 I would like to introduce myself to all and express my goals for 2018. Prior to joining MAAST.org and Seahorse.org in 2007 I kept a soft coral and fish dominated tank, as well as, a separate seahorse tank. Ultimately I began to focus on seahorse propagation and became a Global Moderator and Admin on Seahorse.org. Two years ago I became a member of the MAAST BOD.

My primary focus for over 10 years has been on captive propagation of seahorses and educating people about them, although I am an advocate of captive propagation of corals, fish, invertebrates, etc. Currently I am also a Admin. on the Facebook Group “Where Magic Begins Seahorse Kingdom From Around the World” and actively involved with several other Syngnathid groups. The primary focus of these groups is to provide information about keeping and rearing Syngnathids and trouble shooting problems. It is the same thing that is done on MAAST which is primarily focused on reef tanks.

My future goals for MAAST are to build on the legacy Zach has created. We will continue to hold LMAR and for those of you that have never attended I would encourage you to check it out in 2018. In 2017 we had some very informative educational meetings and I would like to build on those. I will be announcing the date and topic for the first BOD meeting this week. The BOD has also discussed doing some short educational presentations during LMAR. We also need to continue to develop our sponsorship base since they are the source of many of the prizes we are able to give away. In the weeks to come I will be asking for input from our members on what topics you would like to see covered at our meetings and what type of raffle prizes you would like. This discussion will be for Charter Members only. Finally I would encourage all of you to become actively involved in the club and become a Charter Member. This not only helps support the club, it also gives you a voice in what the BOD does.
    http://www.maast.org/content.php?19-MaastMembership
    Happy Reefing,
    Cheryl
    Cheryl

Appreciate you taking the torch Cheryl. I think 2018 will be our best year yet.

With all the help I am getting from you to teaching me where everything is the transition is much smoother. Thank you.
    Cheryl