UPCOMING: Events

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife's Now My Office 65

Okay another update, since the move I added rock that I cooked. It looked great when I added it but in time the hair algae was back. I used GFO and Vibrant to control and kill it. Although it slowed the growth of the algae my phosphates where down to .02 and Nitrates to almost nothing my corals lost color, and growth stopped. So I ordered 50lbs of Atlantic liverock from KP Aquatics, it came with more growth than the last time, but I also had a little die off so it took a week to cycle in a QT 29 gallon tank. A couple weeks ago I removed most of the rock and corals from the tank and replaced it with the new rock with having the issue of pulling the coral from the old and placing on the new. I ended up losing a couple pieces which one was the Oregon Tort I bought from Ty which broke my heart. In time I will replace it. No more GFO and no more Vibrant for this tank. The rock started to get some undesirable algae so I added some Scarlet Reef, Hawaiian Zebra crabs, and a baby yellow tang to the cleanup crew since the old Astrea snails would rather clean the glass versus the rock. It has only been a few days but they are starting to make a difference. Saving the best part for last is my corals are growing again and the color is back to normal. My clownfish decided to turn over my largest frogspawn and host under it. My jawfish is still happy although he used one of my loose SPS frags to build up his home. The yellow tang is doing well, he keeps himself busy picking algae off the rocks. I picked up a couple corals from Sierra Bravo this past weekend which are doing fine. His tank looks great, hopefully my coralline algae gets close to his.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Checked everything today
    Nitrates - 2
    Phosphates - .08
    KH - 7
    Still having some fun with algae but corals are growing again with great colors

Blog Entries

Nice, the nitrates are a bit low compared to what some folks mention on other bigger forums. They usually advertise a 4ppm to 10ppm on Nitrates. I'm glad that you're coloring is returning to your corals. I'm sure in time the algae will subside once they consume whatever they are currently feeding on.
    -Justin

3 Simple Rules in Life

1) If you do not GO after what you want, you’ll never have it.
    2) If you do not ASK, the answer will always be NO
    3) If you do not step forward, you’ll always be in the same place

100 Gallon Write up
    http://www.maast.org/showthread.php?...-Breeder-world
    135 Gallon Write up
    http://www.maast.org/showthread.php?...267#post978267