UPCOMING: Events

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MockandRoll Reefer 170 (40g)

Default MockandRoll Reefer 170 (40g)

I just moved to SA about two months ago from New Orleans. I am original from Texas so glad to be back home. I got into reefing in NOLA were I setup a 90g for about two years. I had to break it down for the move. We are currently renting while deciding where we want to buy so I wasn't expecting on setting up another tank for awhile. However, I got the itch, found a great deal on craigslist and got landlord approval. I have been working on it for about a month. I did a slight modification were I am using a seaswirl for the return. I started cycling the tank about 10 days ago and it is currently undergoing a bacteria bloom. Let me know what yall think.

Looks awesome man, that plumbing is clean!

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Looks awesome man, that plumbing is clean!
    Thanks. The plumbing is all red sea design and not me. I need to get the wires in order. I am currently designing a side cabinet that will house the ato bucket and all electronics. I am begging my tank to be ready by the swap on Nov 7th but I don't think it will.

You can do it!! Although the swap is on the 6th lol

Awesome! I moved to seguin from shreveport/bossier a little over a year ago. I was part of LARC in La. Goodngroup of folks here on MAAST!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonb View Post
    Awesome! I moved to seguin from shreveport/bossier a little over a year ago. I was part of LARC in La. Goodngroup of folks here on MAAST!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I am still active on bayoureefkeeping. They are actually getting MACNA this year if anyone is up for a road trip.

Welcome to MAAST! That is going to be a beautiful tank, just take your time and let it cycle (but you already know that). We are looking forward to you continuing to update this thread as your tank matures.
    Cheryl

I plan on going to MACNA in Nola. My best friends own Epic aquaria in shreveport and they will have a coral booth there this year

Awesome. My plan is to go as well but with young kids plans can change quickly

My new tank has been up for about 5 months now. It seems like I have been adding equipment and coral every week. Since my last update I have 1) added two more T5s and now have 1 Radion 3G Pro and 4 T5s, 2) adding the new apex and dos pumps, 3) added two more jabeo powerheads to each side/back of the tank, 4) added a co2 scrubber, 5) added a nitrate reactor (can't figure out why, I only feed twice a week and nitrates are always between 5-10), 6) added a 10g ATO, 7) added two benches to hold the ATO and apex equipment and most importantly 8) added 23 corals (have lost 3 so far), a green mandarin (1 month and looking good!), and two shrimp (fire, cleaner/skunk). Enjoys the pics.