UPCOMING: Events

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very strange fish

Quote Originally Posted by Flyride95 View Post
    Awesome bird. Be ready to have it for a very loooooong time though. Some of the parrots live for close to 80yrs. And you will be throwing a sheet over his cage pretty soon if you do not want to be up on Sunday at 5:30 lol. But seriously he is awesome.
    Yeah, these guys live around 30 years so we knew it was a long commitment. I can't count the number of times I asked my wife if she was sure she wouldn't just be happy with her own fish tank. We knew it was a serious commitment. In fact, this is why I went with this guy and not a cockatiel or parakeet. I didn't want to get a "starter bird" and have her want something else in a year if she was that serious about it. And yes, we started covering his cage with a sheet the first night we had him. So far, he's been a really good bird and hasn't been screaming. I heard him from my room after i woke up today and I seriously doubt it would wake me up any way. I'm a heavy sleeper. ;)
    Master Reef Curmudgeon

I used a company named Viaguard out of Canada. It was only $10. I sent it off last Monday and got the emailed receipt today. I should know something in a few days.

Default Very strange fish

Quote Originally Posted by bcusack1 View Post
    I used a company named Viaguard out of Canada. It was only $10. I sent it off last Monday and got the emailed receipt today. I should know something in a few days.

Cool, I'll check them out. Wow, beautiful and cute bird! How old is (s)he?
    Master Reef Curmudgeon

She is almost 10 weeks. Still hand feeding her 3 times a day. A lot of work, but worth the bond we are building.