UPCOMING: January Member and BOD Meeting

Thread: Chinese LED fixture question...

Default Chinese LED fixture question...

I have a chinese made led fixture that puts out 120 watts. Color is great, but to bright. Does any one have any experience modding these to make them dimmable?

Just not sure if an inline dimmer would work as the blues and whites are on separate circuits or if I would need to open the fixture and change out the drivers.

As it sits now it was to bright for the long tentacle nem I had. it moved away from directly underneath the light to the side of the tank. (It was on the sand, not rock) This was hanging 10" off the water line on a 24" deep tank. Raising the light is not an option so I would need to dim it some kind of way.

driver specs? model? careful if you tamper with it you could knock out your circuit. Than you only have half a fixture
    Feliz Navidad

I will check the specs as soon as I can.

The manufacturer is Tao Tronics. It was bought off of eBay. The power supply says "NL Power Supply". Model number of the power supply is: NL100W-HV700.

Would it possibly be a better idea to buy a dimmable fixture and leave this one as a paper weight?

Quote Originally Posted by sdunn90fowlr View Post
    The manufacturer is Tao Tronics. It was bought off of eBay. The power supply says "NL Power Supply". Model number of the power supply is: NL100W-HV700.

Would it possibly be a better idea to buy a dimmable fixture and leave this one as a paper weight?
    yes. save you a big headache
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Add egg crate or screen to the top of your tank. It will be cheaper.
    Last edited by kkiel02; Wed, 20th Feb 2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Kevin- 375 Gallon Reef

Reefing made easy...

Thanks for the responses! I will try window screen first and if I am not getting the results I want I will just pull the trigger and get a dimmable fixture. Probably go the DIY route so it will be easier to makes changes in the future if necessary.