UPCOMING: Events

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Vortech MP40, first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by rrasco View Post
    that's my point tony, they do everything the vortechs can and can save money doing it.

not sure what a russian sub has to do with anything.
    have you seen a k8 mag omg they are huge
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Vortech MP40, first impressions

Yes. I have two of them. They're not too bad, but that is one of their drawbacks; I suppose.
    -You had me at PWM

Default Vortech MP40, first impressions

so if you had no knowledge of electronics, didn't know cost of components and how to build stuff..... what would your opinion be compared to 2x k-1400 or whatever you ran prior. just seems like base your opinion heavily on if you can build it or not?
    Last edited by Big_Pun; Mon, 25th Feb 2013 at 06:22 PM.
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Default Vortech MP40, first impressions

Robert, the night mode is continuous. Once you set it its done.
    John

"Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place and then come down and shoot the survivors." Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Pun View Post
    so if you had no knowledge of electronics, didn't know cost of components and how to build stuff..... what would your opinion be compared to 2x k-1400 or whatever you ran prior. just seems like base your opinion heavily on if you can build it or not?
    I was running a 1400 and two 1050 prior. Don't get me wrong, I like the mp40. It puts out water, has a broader flow than the koralias, has a small foot print, the controller looks cool (cool points), and compared to my previous koralias the vortech has a controller. However, I do believe that for what you get, one pump and one controller, and the features that you get over my previous models (mainly controllable flow) they are too expensive. Before I owned a vortech I was a prospective customer who thought they were too expensive. I never owned one so I couldn't really judge it accordingly. Now that I am a vortech customer, I still think they are overpriced for what they are and there are comparable options on the market with comparable, if not better, pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWater View Post
    Robert, the night mode is continuous. Once you set it its done.
    Reading the full manual I see where it says that. The quick start guide that comes with it is written in a manner which led me to believe it operated similar to the feed mode. The full manual really isn't much better, so thanks for clearing that up.

I guess this is where we are supposed to infer that from, eh?

The first time you use night mode, you must tell it when to go into Night Mode.

http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/...evision1.2.pdf
    -You had me at PWM