UPCOMING: Events

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New 27 Cube:)

Talking The New 27 Cube:)

Some of you already know, but I am moving the 20L into a Marineland 27 Cube. 20"W x 18"D x 20"H are the dimensions on it. I am going to keep everything that is already in the 20 and just keep on adding the zoas. Rock work will be completely different than how it is in the 20 and there will be more "planning and direction" in the new tank. Originally I was going to do a custom stand from DSA that Louis (at Elegant Reef) designed (similar style to the DSA NEO 105 stand merged with the older solana stands), but Chris decided he needed to take on a challenge and play with all the power tools that we have (about darn time). I've been in no rush getting this tank up, but now it looks like it's going up in the next week or two. I have dry rock that I have soaking and 'curing' and will combine a little of live rock and new rock. I will still stay with the black sand and get a new bag. The Spec LED light that I have will be going to the new tank as well as the MP10. We have a CPR HOB filter that we picked up at the last frag swap and will use that as well as my AC that I have running now just to make the transition smoother. I will continue to have a fuge and run a bag of chemi-pure as well as my brightwell "croutons". The X-Port media products do a good job at helping keep the tank cleaner and have managed to keep my phosphates at 0 with the X-portPO4. I currently do weekly water changes in the 20, which again I will continue doing on the new tank. Live stock will remain the same except for the addition of another sexy shrimp or two and maybe a midas blenny...but not sure about the fish. I currently have a baby clown, hector goby, scooter blenny and candy hog in the 20. I'm not too determined to get another fish, but I've been pondering the thought.
    Chris has some pictures that I'm sure he is just dying to add to this thread in another post...so I will give him the satisfaction of doing so...and because he is building the stand;)

*Emily*

Were you able to get the tank by itself? Or did you have to buy the full setup? If so, where and for how much?

Chris managed to trade some stuff for it from another MAAST member. Not sure who it was, but we just got the stand. I don't like the complete set up Marineland has for this tank. The stand is way too short for my taste.
    *Emily*

Default The New 27 Cube:)

I have a nice collection of power tools and bought a kreg jig(pretty fun to use) also my dad as his dad where cabinet maker so I guess I should take a stab and wood work. I'm pretty happy for first attempt at a nice aquarium stand. doors and drawer will sit on top frame for a clean look. I still have some work do but pretty happy thus far. need to finish up top and make drawer and mount it, and mount door.

REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

last pic is just a quick pic I took to see what tank looks like, not how it's going to sit in stand
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Looking good, guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

looks nice chris, sorry i didnt text you back. yep, that looks like it will work for the cabinet. are you going to put a tabletop on the cabinet for the tank to sit on the top, or will there be molding that hides the tank molding?
    Ace
    The Shade Tree Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by hobogato View Post
    looks nice chris, sorry i didnt text you back. yep, that looks like it will work for the cabinet. are you going to put a tabletop on the cabinet for the tank to sit on the top, or will there be molding that hides the tank molding?
    not sure yet just want to be sure it's supported all the way around
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

not sure if you are finished with the bottom part yet, but you may want to put in a horizontal board in the back at the top to keep everything square. a 6" or so wide board would do the trick.
    Ace
    The Shade Tree Craftsman

Looks like its going to be a very nice set up. Will follow for sure
    100 gallon reef in process. . . .