Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nominations for 2013 President and Vice President

Default Nominations for 2013 President and Vice President

Attention MAAST Members!
    We the BOD would like to announce the upcoming annual Presidential & Vice Presidential elections for the 2013 calendar year. According to the MAAST Bylaws, candidates for the office of President & Vice President must be a current member in good standing who is currently on the Board of Directors or has previously served on the Board of Directors. We are looking for those who are willing to participate actively on the forum, in discussions as well as help in leading MAAST into a brighter future. We have a very busy schedule and would like to remind everyone that time and dedication play a very important role in these positions. It is requested that the nominees submit a post that he/she accepts as well as submit a small bio explaining why they would like to become the President or Vice President elect and the special qualities they have that can be beneficial to the club.In addition to the above mentioned, we the BOD would also like to see the maximum participation from you, our club members. Now is your chance to make a difference and make things happen.Your nominations for President & Vice President are now welcome (please be specific of position when nominating). Nominations will close upon the opening of the polls on Dec. 7th.

Nomination List:

Kristy(Kristy)-Pres./V.P-declined
    John(firewater)-Pres./V.P.-accepted Pres.
    Alton V.(alton)-
    John R.(jroescher)-
    Cory(CoryDude)-
    Sherita(Sherita)-declined
    Karin(europhyllia)-declined
    Marcus-(tiger_eyed one)-
    Jarrod(cowboy572)-declined
    Allan(allan)-V.P.-accepted V.P.
    Ace(hobogato)-declined
    Mike(texreefer)-
    Last edited by cowboy572; Wed, 5th Dec 2012 at 11:02 AM.
    - Jarrod -

"I'm your Huckleberry" - Doc Holliday

Blog Entries

I'd like to re-nominate Kristy as President and John as Vice President.

The last year has been pretty much low drama on MAAST and I'd like to believe that is due to a nice balance on the BOD team.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Ditto, what rob said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

I do not know if my word counts but I agree with Kristy for pres and John for vice.
    Switched over to the dark side of lighting. LEDs. The force is strong with this one!

I third the re-nomination of Kristy for President and John for VP
    Support marine aquaculture, and share with your friends! Then you will find out who they really are.

I agree with the others!
    REEF MAFIA
    "TEFLON DON"

Thanks guys! There was a time that being on the BOD used to be called a thankless job, but I have to say there has been a lot of recognition and gratitude this past year from our members... it's really nice. I would like to take a day or two to consider my nomination. This position is a big commitment and one that I take seriously.

Just to mix up our options, I would like to nominate John (Firewater) for president also.
    - Kristy and Mike -

210 g reef tank started 3/15/08; 20 g hex reef tank started 1/3/08, ended 3/30/14

"I must be a mermaid.... I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." - Anais Nin
    "To travel is to take a journey into yourself." - Danny Kaye

Well I haven't been to as many events this last year but the ones I have I have enjoyed very much and have to agree on the drama level being low lately. So if you don't run for Pres. I would like to nominate Kristy for Vice President.
    Kevin- 375 Gallon Reef

Reefing made easy...

I cast a vote, Kristy for pres and John for vice

I will second John as well. Strong personality, strong leadership. Not to take anything from kristy, as she has done a stellar job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera