UPCOMING EVENTS: Fall Frag Swap - 9/7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scoly

Default Scoly

Man, I might be losing my scoly. About three days ago it fell over and was left that way until I got home. Then the very next day it was upside down on some acans.

Ugh, this morning and I can see some ribs and he's all shrunk up.

Two of my acan colonies (30+ heads) are also shriveled for the last two days. Interestingly enough, not the one that the scoly was getting busy with.

Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

Quote Originally Posted by Gseclipse02 View Post
    such a nice piece good luck
    I agree. I love the colors and have always wanted to get one with the same colors.

I can't provide much advice for your Scoly, but the Acans I can help with.

It is possible that they're receiving too much light or too much/too little flow. Have they been fed recently? If so, it could be that they're just releasing waste. Mine do that often after I feed them.

Good luck with your corals!

Hmm, coos be LR... They've been in their current location for the last month, month and a half. I did change flow a couple days ago when I cleaned the glass on the left side. And I did feed them Thursday morning.

I'm less worried about them than I am for the scoly.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

It happened to mine aswell...not for sure if it got stung by acans but it might be just too stressed out by being upside down for too long...what i did was i put my scoly on a frag rack away from the direct light and water flow and where it cant be irritated by cuc..and feed him every day and it came became happy again in few days...

Scolys r best to leave em on sand beds where they can be fed regulary on their own....

Argh!

I've had it on a shelf for so long that when it dropped I went ahead and put it on the sand. Then I started noticed the recession, and you know when you get antsy and keep doing things to make things right before it gets too bad?

Ah, so this morning I returned it to it's original niche with a dollop of glue.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

That really is a fantastic scoly. Remember my quote and be patient. I know it cost a shiny penny but it is an LPS and shouldn't have trouble healing itself.
    Justin

"Only bad things happen quickly in this hobby"

Well, I didn't have to worry about it staying put. I went over to reef2u and upon my return the scoly was, once again, face down on my acans.

I placed it on the sand bed. It will have to do.
    Reefing 210
    Multi-Genera

Hey Allan, I asked Jack to make me a LPS feeding contraption to help rehab a skinny meat coral. Basically it's an acrylic box to shield the coral from pilfering fish when i feed it and seems to have helped my LPS to puff up better and recover from a hardship.

You are welcome to try it and see if it helps your guy.