1. Encourage the growth of the marine aquarium hobby in South Texas
2. Educate and inform members and the public about care, keeping and propagation of marine invertebrates and fish
3. Prevent abuse to marine animals in general, and to conserve the marine environment by promoting intelligent, planned reef management systems
4. Promote higher standards of health and care provided by local commercial outlets
5. Organize workshops, seminars and discussions related to all aspects of the hobby
6. Raise and generate funds and create financial resources to meet these goals; and
7. Coordinate with and support similar societies devoted to like-minded interests.