PDA

View Full Version : OMG -PJ Cardinals

Europhyllia
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 03:03 PM
I just noticed my PJ Cardinal has a mouth full of eggs! He just spit them out a little bit and then sucked them back in!
He's still keeping his mouth a little open and I can see the little egg/eyeballs!!!
They must like the new tank. That's good. :)

txav8r
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 03:11 PM
That's great news! Glad they are doing so well for you.

txg8gxp
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 03:25 PM
Thats awesome

hobogato
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 03:36 PM
very cool, but you have not posted pics and it has already been 30 minutes....

ErikH
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 03:44 PM
very cool, but you have not posted pics and it has already been 30 minutes....

lol

Good stuff Karin, now you get to blow some cash on a breeding setup! :p

Europhyllia
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 03:58 PM
Ahh nobody wants PJ Cardinals. I don't need anymore either.

I was busy cleaning the tank for the last 30 minutes. Can't take pics all messy... ;)

Pennies2Cents
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 04:41 PM
Oh congrats Karin.. :) We currently have ours with a mouth full also.. :) Birthday should be next week sometime. :) Good luck on your new brood. If ya need anything feel free to email or call us.

Kristy
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 06:06 PM
Wow... you hear about the Banggai's popping up with a mouthfull from time to time, but can't recall ever running into anyone who had this with PJ's. Wonder why?

Congrats Karin. Evidence, yet again, that all is happy in your tank!

jrsatx20
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 06:24 PM
I would like to raise some maybe some day

Europhyllia
Fri, 17th Sep 2010, 10:31 PM
I'm having trouble getting good pics of it. He even spits them out and sucks them back in ... but of course I can't get the timing right on that...

kkiel02
Sat, 18th Sep 2010, 01:51 PM
Wow... you hear about the Banggai's popping up with a mouthfull from time to time, but can't recall ever running into anyone who had this with PJ's. Wonder why?

Congrats Karin. Evidence, yet again, that all is happy in your tank!

I read that the bangaiis are just alot easier to raise as the fry are a little farther along when they are released by the male. I cant find my book atm but I believe most, if not all, cardinals are mouth brooders although the bangaiis are supposed to be the easiest to raise. I know it said PJ were supposed to be the second easiest though because a friend of mine was asking about his.