PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN ITEM

Jake at River City
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 01:50 PM
Monday afternoon a Precision Marine R36 sump/refugium was stolen from River City Aquatics. As embarrassing as it is that such a large item can be stolen from our shop, I feel appalled that this behavior is happening in our reef community. Actions like this are devastating to small businesses. It ultimately affects us all with increases in prices to absorb losses.

Security measures have been implemented. If anyone has any information on this stolen item, please contact us. For my honest customers, I really do appreciate your support.

CoryDude
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 01:55 PM
Ouch that hurts. Growing up in a family with both parents owning/running their own small businesses, it's frustrating to hear stuff like this. Hopefully the culprit or recipient will encounter the worst case of bryopsis and red bubble algae ever seen.

Europhyllia
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 02:02 PM
Holy cow. Who would be brazen enough to carry out a sump!
So sorry that happened!

Kristy
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 02:06 PM
Awful to hear. We can all keep our eyes peeled in case someone is trying to sell one on here or craigslist, etc.

Pennies2Cents
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 02:08 PM
Jake,

I am sorry to hear of this kind of behavior happening in and around our reef community.

Best wishes in locating that person and recovering your item.

ReefCube
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 02:37 PM
sad and ghetto

ballardjr2000
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 02:49 PM
so sad that people are like this. sorry for loss

Neptune@gabesfish
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 02:56 PM
Sorry that this happened .. We will be on look out and if we see or hear anything we will let you know,although I think I would just end up giving them the beat down as if it were the same guy who stole from me...

SaltyJim
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 03:16 PM
Jake. I've always liked that you and your staff occasionally keep the front door open (it is very inviting), especially in this beautiful weather. I am sorry that someone took advantage of your staff actually helping customers and leaving the front of the store unmanned.

Keep an eye on craigslist.

Hope something good comes out of this.

txav8r
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 04:04 PM
Awful to hear. We can all keep our eyes peeled in case someone is trying to sell one on here or craigslist, etc.

X2

Do you have a picture or a link to the model of sump that was stolen so we know what to be on the look out for?

Mr Cob
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 04:28 PM
So sorry to hear about this. Thanks for informing us so that we can all keep an eye open.

aggman
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 05:17 PM
maybe we can put a thread in the announcements forum so that everyone can see this. being in corpus and rarely going to austin i never look at these sub-forums. i just happened to be talking to someone who did see it and...well you know.

all members need to be on the lookout for this...and to think this was a customer that has more than likely been there before and will come again.

~alex

Bill S
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 05:27 PM
http://akamai.f3images.com/IMD/600/PM5317/PM5317_99.jpg

txav8r
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks Bill. I didn't see that he posted the model in the OP. The picture still helps.

sharkboy
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 06:17 PM
Wow!!! that is insane...sure it wasn't an inside job????

dpotts
Tue, 26th Jan 2010, 07:13 PM
That's horrible Jake...sorry that it happened. I was there getting water Monday at lunch time but didn't notice anything ....that just sucks! Karma will get them, always does.

aggman
Wed, 27th Jan 2010, 02:08 AM
ok just duplicated this thread into the maast announcements forum so that all members will see it [wow-didn't know we could do it, lol]. hopefully is wasn't a member that did this, but if it was someone will find out.

~alex