PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Board of Director Nominations

Pennies2Cents
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 02:50 AM
Attention Maast Members,

We the BOD would like to announce the upcoming elections for the 2010 calendar year. We are looking for charter members who are willing to participate actively on the forum, in discussions and help in leading MAAST into a brighter future. Our club has grown quite a bit in this past year and TMAC is again on our list of events for 2010. We have a very busy schedule and would like to remind everyone that time and dedication play a very important role.

Members may nominate any charter member, themselves included that they feel worthy for the position. It is requested that the nominee submit a post that he/she accepts as well as submit a small bio explaining why they would like to join the BOD and what special qualities they have that can be beneficial to the club.

In addition to the above mentioned, we the BOD would also like to see the maximum participation from you, our club members. Now is your chance to make a difference and make things happen.

So with that being said, we currently have 6 Board of Director Positions Available.

4 Positions with 2 year terms
2 Positions with 1 year terms

Not up for re-election and still have 1 year remaining on their term are:
Alex Garza (Aggman), Eve (Pennies2Cents), Sherri Ancira (Sherri) & John Roescher (JRoescher)

President & Vice President nominations will be in a separate thread.

Your Board of Director nominations are now welcome:

Mr Cob
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 10:03 AM
I would like to nominate Jack Watkins (txav8r) for a board seat with a full term. Jack has proven himself worthy of this position and has contributed to this site immensely while serving on the board.

I would also like to nominate Allan (Allan) for a board seat with a one year term. Allan is on the site regularly and contributes in many ways. I hope that he will consider stepping up to a board seat as he is already on the newsletter committee. I believe he would add diversity to the Board and would be very objective, which is what we need.

txav8r
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 10:14 AM
I would like to nominate Rob Bernhardt (Mr Cob) for a full term seat on the BOD. Rob has dedicated much time to the site and shown that he has MAAST's and MAAST's members best interest at heart.

txav8r
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 10:29 AM
I will gladly accept Rob's nomination.

If you want a dedicated, selfless, objective and level headed board member…I’m your guy! I would like to continue volunteering my time to MAAST under a full BOD term. As everyone knows, I spend many hours on this site from day to day participating in all aspects of this club including moderating.

I jump at every chance to help members whether it’s by moving a tank, handing out macro algae or even offering my professional experience on side projects. All in all, I believe in giving back and always put the members first when making decisions that affect the membership.

I believe I’m an asset to the MAAST board and club. I love this hobby and I love helping by offering my time, my knowledge and my hands. I strive continually to make MAAST a better place for everyone involved. A couple of my contributions have been in the implementation of a MAAST Library and my assistance in rewriting the MAAST by-laws.

I would best describe myself in relation to MAAST as: One of the wheels inside the machine that you may not always see or hear, but keeps things moving! I think if you really consider MAAST and everything that makes this club work, you’ll see how dedicated and essential this little wheel is!

Thank you for a great opportunity to serve this club we all love! Free MACRO…come and get it! LOL!

Mr Cob
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 10:44 AM
I also accept.

Bio as requested...

I love this hobby and I believe in MAAST! In the past few months on the board I’ve dedicated a wealth of time online and elsewhere to the advancement of MAAST. I’m blessed to have a wife who’s supportive of all my volunteer efforts and of my decision to continue for a full term.

MAAST has a strong following of devoted members and I believe that it is these very members that make MAAST work! Members are first priority in my eyes and this is always my consideration before casting my vote when conducting MAAST business. I have contributed to MAAST at many levels but here are a few things that I am most proud of:

-Creating a new and revised frag program from member feedback.
-Pushing to remove the “one hour post edit rule” (you’re welcome).
-Creating the “Ask a MAAST Sponsor a Question” forum.
-Creating the Port A Big Bird shirts alongside my wife.

The MAAST board needs committed directors; individuals like myself that are online regularly contributing to the advancement of this club. My dedication in all these areas makes me the right choice for the board. I also have a technical background in web and design and can use my skill to benefit the club in various areas, especially in the creation of a TMAC website for MAAST.

Thanks for having me and thanks for considering me again for this seat on the board. One last and very important closing statement I’d like to make is,

“A brief bio shouldn’t be the determining factor in this election. I think one’s actions should clearly present the evidence of their dedication, qualification and commitment!”

Europhyllia
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 11:00 AM
How awesome that some very qulified individuals already accepted their nominations!

I nominate JT (GSEclipse) for a board position because he seems always ready to jump into his bat mobile anytime somebody has a fish emergency and help with advice, actions or whatever else is needed.

I also think he would bring a different view/diversity to the board and perhaps be a voice for the younger members. (I am guessing the board's purpose is at least in part to represent the members?)

TexasTodd
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 11:46 AM
I second Allan.

Todd

Pennies2Cents
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 12:33 PM
+1 for Allen
+1 for Rob
+1 for Jack

:)

ErikH
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 01:11 PM
LOL what about Texas Todd and BStreep? Anyone see what I did there? LOL

Pennies2Cents
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 01:45 PM
Bill, has been a great asset to the BOD. I would really like to see him run again and accept his nomination. Bill???? :)

ACE
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 02:06 PM
I nominate Scorpino!

allan
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 02:35 PM
When I woke this morning I really did not expect to be nominated for anything more than vacuming the living room.

Thank you Rob and others for putting my name on the docket for BOD. I accept the nomination for little else than love for the hobby, respect for those knoweldgable members I've the fortune to have met so far, and most of all for the organization that makes all of this possible.

I'm a loyal guy when it comes to things I'm interested in. I rarely go to other sites when researching topics concerning the saltwater aquarium... primarily because I find all of the information here on MAAST either in the historical threads or by the current and active members that routinely post advice and experiences.

I'm a rather simple guy with no ambitions other than pushing this association to the next level and can vow 100% participation on my part over the year as I continue to grow in both the hobby and this organization.

Please forgive any spelling or grammar errors, had I thought about it before I wouldn't have used the quick reply option.

Thanks again for the consideration and time to read this.
Allan LaViers

ErikH
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 03:04 PM
I nominate Scorpino!

LOL Mike, thanks but I must respectfully decline. :) Since I started my own company, my schedule is too up in the air. :whew: A few more clients and I am set. :thumbs_up:

TexasTodd
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm already nominated to my company right now. :)

Thanks though,

Todd

Bill S
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the support. Right this minute I'm typing this on my phone sitting in an anchorage on the coast. I will let you know when I get back in town Sunday night.

Pennies2Cents
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 08:39 PM
I would like to nominate (Ping) Peter Kordelski & Troy Valentine for a 2 yr position on the board. I believe these two members have the knowledge and expertise as reefers as well as leaders stemming back from the beginning of MAAST. I believe they would be great assets in helping MAAST grow bigger & stronger in the future.

Bill S
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 09:47 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z157/bstreep/sunset.jpg

lousy phone camera on a moving boat

snfkotara
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 10:38 PM
Bill Wish I was there!!!!!!! Looks so peaceful.

hobogato
Sat, 21st Nov 2009, 10:47 PM
i second these, great choices.....

I would like to nominate (Ping) Peter Kordelski & Troy Valentine for a 2 yr position on the board. I believe these two members have the knowledge and expertise as reefers as well as leaders stemming back from the beginning of MAAST. I believe they would be great assets in helping MAAST grow bigger & stronger in the future.

cbianco
Sun, 22nd Nov 2009, 06:22 AM
I would like to nominate Jack Watkins (txav8r) for a board seat with a full term. Jack has proven himself worthy of this position and has contributed to this site immensely while serving on the board.

I would also like to nominate Allan (Allan) for a board seat with a one year term. Allan is on the site regularly and contributes in many ways. I hope that he will consider stepping up to a board seat as he is already on the newsletter committee. I believe he would add diversity to the Board and would be very objective, which is what we need.

Yep.

I'd also like bstreep to continue as a BOD member. I'd feel that he provides a good check and balance for our club.

I'd nominate you Mr Cob but I have other plans for you :creepylaugh:, check president thread.

cbianco
Sun, 22nd Nov 2009, 06:22 AM

Yep.

I'd also like bstreep to continue as a BOD member. I'd feel that he provides a good check and balance for our club.

I'd nominate you Mr Cob but I have other plans for you :creepylaugh:, check president thread.

aquasport24
Sun, 22nd Nov 2009, 09:52 AM
I'd like to nominate for JimD. He's one of the vets here and usually the first person to answer questions in ALL threads. He will serve as a great asset to MAAST and reef keeping if he not already.

kkiel02
Sun, 22nd Nov 2009, 11:43 AM
Bstreep, hobogato, ping, jimD, kristy, and texreefer all have provided me with a wealth of knowledge and I know that any of these would make a great asset to the bod(I realize some are already on it but don't know if their term is up). Without them my tank would not be what it is today. All of them have or had(not sure if texreefer has his new tank up yet) great tanks and all use slightly diiferent approaches to get the same goal. I believe in diversification and I think that each of these people would bring a knowledgable view to any of our problems.
(I am sure I forgot others that would make a good bod member)

hobogato
Sun, 22nd Nov 2009, 12:08 PM
thank you kkeil02. I accept the nomination to be on the BOD in the event I am not elected to President. I am willing to serve in either position.

MRSBIGBIRD123
Sun, 22nd Nov 2009, 07:21 PM
I'd like to nominate for JimD. He's one of the vets here and usually the first person to answer questions in ALL threads. He will serve as a great asset to MAAST and reef keeping if he not already.

I agree Giau, Jim is a great asset to MAAST, and hopefully will consider in running.

I also would like to nominate Jennifer, aka Princer7, she is also another great asset to MAAST and the BOD.

Bill S
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 12:59 AM
Well, folks, thanks for the kind words.

As many of you know, I’m one of the older folks on MAAST. I started working in a LFS when I was in 8th grade, and started with SWF when they first hit the market in the early 70’s. Prior to opening the small appraisal business I own today, I was in technology, and was a one time the VP of Business Development for a Fortune company. I worked in that LFS up through my sophomore year of college, and dropped out of a PhD program at Rice in Molecular Genetics to go into business.

Enough of that. I’m a short term Board Member. I was elected in mid-September, on a platform of reform and openness. While I can’t take credit for all of this, this IS what has happened since I became a Board Member:

1)The club HAS become more open and friendly. Gone are the days of continual discourse (other than in the Director’s Forum…) and rampant banning of members. Disagreement with the status quo is not only permitted, it is encouraged.

2)The club no longer conducts business in the manner it did previously. We have a set of Bylaws, and the rest of the Board KNOWS that I refer to them regularly, and that it is the responsibility of all Board Members to conduct themselves according the Bylaws – regardless of how things were done over the past years. We are well on our way in the task of rewriting them (thanks to Jennifer aka Princer7), and making them conform to the way the club should run. We now check to make sure we have quorums for Board Meetings, and quorums and vote requirements for Club Business that is conducted online. This online business is now to be reported in the Quarterly Board Meeting minutes, so that voting by the Board will be transparent to the membership – where in the past, it wasn’t.

3)As others have noted, I didn’t get elected to the Board to get along. And… I haven’t. Sometimes good, sometimes… not-so-much. I have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, by being on this Board, other than helping others and MAAST. I make a darn good living, so I can be trusted.

4)Sponsorship is now carefully monitored, fees and gift certificates are tracked, sponsors that had not paid current year sponsorships were removed from the Forums, Sponsor Pages and Banners, and those that HAD paid, have gotten their forums, pages and banners. For 2010, we have a Sponsorship Agreement, so that everyone knows what happened with what was donated. I’ve also started what looks to be a trend that others on the Board are adopting (I hope it continues): I don’t accept Door Prizes, and I won’t accept Raffle Prizes. For future Raffles, I mayl donate to the club for tickets, and then any proceeds will be donated to the Educator(s) at the meeting for their classrooms. I believe that Board Members need to be held to the strictest ethical standards, and that “profiting” from Door Prizes and Raffles is not ethical.

5)Finally, I’m the guy that jumps in on the Emergency Forum to help folks in need. When it hits the fan, and you need something, chances are, I’ve got it or had it. I’ve given away many hundreds of dollars in stuff to MAAST members. I even sprung for high speed, long distance internet on the boat in order to get on MAAST on the weekends!

So, I hope that in the few weeks I’ve been a Board Member, I’ve done enough to convince you I should get another term. I’d like it to be for a single year, but I’ll take 2 if you want me to! I pledge to continue to return MAAST to a place where we can all hang out and “talk”, without fear. In any case, I’ll keep things interesting!

Pennies2Cents
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 01:06 AM
Very well said! :) Im glad you accepted Bill..

Pennies2Cents
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 01:57 AM
Note to all:

When creating this thread it was meant for nominations and acceptances only. In no way was this created to be a discussion to bash or scrutinize any and/or all nominees. With total respect can we please keep it clean.

I ask that any and all further posts pertain to the subject at hand.

This is an important time of the year and would like that everyone to keep in mind that your participation is crucial and every single one of your votes will count.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via pm. :)

Thanks for your understanding..

hobogato
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 08:33 AM
I would like to nominate Steve Byrd to a 1 year BOD position. He has worked diligently as our President and I think he should continue to be involved in it's progress. Steve, please accept this nomination so WE can all work together to further this Organization.

aquasport24
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 08:37 AM
I would like to nominate Steve Byrd to a 1 year BOD position. He has worked diligently as our President and I think he should continue to be involved in it's progress. Steve, please accept this nomination so WE can all work together to further this Organization.

+1..........Steve and Cheri do alot of help things to MAAST that alot of people don't see. Like the time they drove around Austin and gathered all the raffles prizes, while Steve was very sick.

Kristy
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 10:51 AM
This thread is amazing.... on so many levels!

I think we've had more nominations this year for BOD members and officers than we had people even vote last year! What a great indication that MAAST members are motivated to be involved and to take ownership of the direction of our future MAAST! Keep it up everyone... this is going to be a great election!

cbianco
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 02:42 PM
Please keep this thread on topic.

This thread is about nominating individual members for the BOD, not to argue. I have moved OT posts out of the thread.

If you have comments or concerns, take them to PM or start another thread in the appropriate place please.

Thank you,

Christopher

BigKGlen
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 02:46 PM
Where do we post our opinions and concerns on nominees if not here. Most nominees are receiving kudos for their eager participation with no resistance. If one feels to have a reservation on a canidate, it's being lauded as "off topic".

Pennies2Cents
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 02:49 PM
A new thread can be created as long as there is no bashing, name calling etc.. Keep it clean.

cbianco
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 02:51 PM
Take it to another thread. The arguing is causing this thread to go off topic and get everybody worked up.

On a personal note, I know that there are differences of opinion and everyone has the right to be heard but this thread is not the place to do it.

Christopher

Where do we post our opinions and concerns on nominees if not here. Most nominees are receiving kudos for their eager participation with no resistance. If one feels to have a reservation on a canidate, it's being lauded as "off topic".

Mr Cob
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 02:52 PM
I also think that's a good idea. Christopher better get ready...LOL!

Third Coast Tropical
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 03:01 PM

+1...valid point and I agree....

Third Coast Tropical
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 03:11 PM
Also....I know it has got to be in here somewhere, but when are these elections and will they be held online or will we be required to attend a meeting to place our votes?

Thank you

Pennies2Cents
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 03:14 PM
Third Coast,

We the BOD are currently trying to modify our bylaws to reflect an online voting process.

The bylaws currently state that the elections are to be held at our annual December Meeting. (In Person)

With that being said, IMO

We are an ONLINE club and elections/votes etc.. should be held ONLINE..

Here is what we are currently trying to figure out:

Nominations- 1 week to end on November 28th

Nominee Announcements at meeting on December 5th

Online Elections to be posted December 7th to last through December 14th.

I will keep you posted on the results of our discussion and vote.

aggman
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 03:16 PM
the nominations are being held online and the bod is currently working to validate online voting so as to encourage the highest amount of participation.

~alex

edit:dang eve, your too fast. lol.

Pennies2Cents
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 03:19 PM
:)

Sherri
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 04:36 PM
Third Coast,

We the BOD are currently trying to modify our bylaws to reflect an online voting process.

The bylaws currently state that the elections are to be held at our annual December Meeting. (In Person)

With that being said, IMO

We are an ONLINE club and elections/votes etc.. should be held ONLINE..

Nominations- 1 week to end on December 28th

I believe Eve meant 1 week to end on November 28

Pennies2Cents
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 04:49 PM
Yes, Sorry! :) It has been corrected.

cpreefguy
Mon, 23rd Nov 2009, 10:46 PM
I'd like to nominate Cheri Byrd for a BOD position as well. We all know ho resourceful she is and how great she has been for this club.

justahobby
Tue, 24th Nov 2009, 11:03 PM
Man these nominations get confusing fast (rookie lol). Is there a list of current BOD's? I have a hard time remembering my Bday (yes I'm very serious) let alone who all the BOD's are and who to nominate or isn't currently filling another position.

Edit: Found the BOD list. Can members serving in other areas also be BOD's?

"M. An officer for the organization can not hold more than 1 titled position on the board with the exception of Board of Director"

I understand this to be yes, they can?

aggman
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 12:23 AM
yeah this refers to being the secretary and the treasurer. a situation like that. the titled positions include president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. a member can volunteer for say the newsletter or meetings committees and still be elected to a bod position. no problems there.

~alex

Pennies2Cents
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 12:34 AM
I would think that I am a good example as to what Alex is explaining:

Pennies2Cents- Interim Secretary/Board of Director

I also hold the title of

1. Newsletter Editor/Newsletter Committee
2. POTM Coordinator

and its all ok! :bigsmile:

I just can not hold 2 office positions (President,VP,Secretary and or Treasurer) at any time during my term.

Kristy
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 12:47 AM
So, if a current BOD member becomes an officer, such as Eve, does that make 7 available BOD positions? Just trying to see things straight.

Pennies2Cents
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 12:53 AM
Only 6 director positions are open because the Secretary & Treasurer are appointed by the Prez & VP out of the current BOD during that year.

The President & VP offices are up for re-election annually,

Bill S
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 01:58 AM
So, if a current BOD member becomes an officer, such as Eve, does that make 7 available BOD positions? Just trying to see things straight.

Oh, Kristy...

That would involve interpreting our Bylaws... And that takes "special" people.

In practice, this has been elected Officers (Pres & VP) plus 10.

justahobby
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 09:32 AM
I would like to nominate Mike and Kristy into BOD positions.

Texreefer
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 10:13 AM
I think it would be great to have more people running than we have positions available. That makes for strong leadership. I would like to see Mike and Kristy accept their nominations and run

justahobby
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 10:40 AM
I think it would be great to have more people running than we have positions available. That makes for strong leadership. I would like to see Mike and Kristy accept their nominations and run

I agree completely that their should be more running than positions available. We certainly have more qualified individuals than positions and I would like to see everyone running as a team towards the common goals of education and community. I believe everyone will make a great addition so why limit each other? :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

BIGBIRD123
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 01:44 PM

Thanks Ace, but I must decline..Right now, with the accident and all...we don't know what my future holds.

Mr Cob
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 02:55 PM
Just wanted to give an overview of who has accepted their nomination and who still needs to respond. (note: I did not include the members that declined their nomination)

Nomination Accepted:
Hobogato
MrCob
Txav8r
Bstreep
Allan

Nominated but no response yet:
JimD
Princer7
Mike
Kristy
Ping
Troy Valentine
GSEclipse
MRSBIGBIRD123

Pennies2Cents
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 03:10 PM
Thank you Rob, :) for the update.

wesheltonj
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 05:17 PM
Question. Do the Bylaw not have the outgoing President serve as Ex Officio position on the BOD and would automatically be on the BOD? If not, then you might want to make a change.

Question. Does the President also serve as an Ex Officio BOD member, if not then you might want to make a change.

Just suggestions as you determine the number of openings.

Bill S
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 05:28 PM
Question. Do the Bylaw not have the outgoing President serve as Ex Officio position on the BOD and would automatically be on the BOD? If not, then you might want to make a change.

Question. Does the President also serve as an Ex Officio BOD member, if not then you might want to make a change.

Just suggestions as you determine the number of openings.

None of the above. It is a consideration for the Bylaw revisions, as that is common in most organizations.

Mr Cob
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 05:33 PM
Current by-laws referencing your question have been copied below. As you can see the BOD still has a lot of work getting the By-laws in order for next year.

ARTICLE V – BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Section 5. Term of Office of the Board of Directors
Paragraph 1: All Directors shall hold office from January 1 following their election until December 31 of the following year. The At-large directors will have staggered terms.

Complete by-laws: http://www.maast.org/forums/showthread.php?p=381049&posted=1#post381049 (http://www.maast.org/forums/showthread.php?p=381049&posted=1#post381049)

MRSBIGBIRD123
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 06:58 PM
I'd like to nominate Cheri Byrd for a BOD position as well. We all know ho resourceful she is and how great she has been for this club.

Thanks Sean, still undecided on this nomination......will decide soon.

Mr Cob
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 08:01 PM
Oooops, sorry Cheri, I didn't have you in the list. Just added you. Guess I was thinking you declined...but you declined VP.

Thanks for still considering the position.

It's great to see so many people participating in this election.

Kristy
Wed, 25th Nov 2009, 11:52 PM
Thanks to both kkiel and Justahobby for the nods for nomination! I really appreciate your trust and take the responsibility very seriously.

After much thought, I think it is better if I decline the nomination to serve on the BOD. I have already taken on quite a bit with the Event Coordinator position and I'm concerned about the amount of traveling that I do for work. Plus, I'm hoping that another member of our household will end up serving as a Board Member!

kkiel02
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 12:25 AM
LOL kinda forget sometimes since y'all use the same screen name. But yes I could see Mike on the board he also seems very knowledgable and has been to all the meetings I've been to so I know he makes time for maast.

Mr Cob
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the update Kristy...you definitely have your hands full. Hope to see Mike run... he seems like a great candidate for the Board.

Mike
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 12:49 AM
I would like to accept the nomination to serve as a member of the Board. I think there is a great group of people on MAAST and I'd consider it an honor to serve its membership and further this wonderful hobby.

Hopefully you will all recognize me as having been an active member of this group for the past few years under a shared account with my wife (Kristy). I have created my own account and have now sent in my charter membership dues with the intention of solidifying my eligibility so that I can accept this nomination.

I have an MBA and have worked for USAA for the past 11 years, currently as a claims manager. I've been interested in salt-water aquariums for most of my life and finally convinced my wife to set up our first tank three years ago. We have a long history of taking in strays, which currently include 2 dogs and 3 cats. We've spent the past six years raising two teenaged foster daughters because we believe in the importance of making a difference in this world, not just for ourselves but for others as well.

It would be a privilege to be part of shaping a MAAST that will educate its members as well as the larger community about responsible reefkeeping. I pledge to serve MAAST with honesty and integrity and promise to be respectful in my interactions with all members of MAAST (web, charter, and Board members alike). I believe in telling it like it is, working towards solutions, not contributing to drama, and doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

Sherri
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 12:51 AM
confirming receipt of Mike's Charter Membership dues....:)

Mr Cob
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 12:53 AM
Glad you accepted your nomination Mike.

Mr Cob
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 12:55 AM
update...

(note: I did not include the members that declined their nomination)

Nomination Accepted:
Hobogato
MrCob
Txav8r
Bstreep
Allan
Mike

JimD
Princer7
Ping
Troy Valentine
GSEclipse
MRSBIGBIRD123

justahobby
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 12:59 AM
:applause: Glad you could join the party Mike

Bill S
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 11:11 AM
That's so cool that you are finally legit, Mike! Own name and all. Do you get half of Kristy's post count?

I think Mike would make a perfect addition to the Board.

Kristy
Thu, 26th Nov 2009, 11:26 AM
Own name and all. Do you get half of Kristy's post count?

Great idea on the post count... makes it sound like a custody battle though! I tried to suggest "Mr. Kristy" for his user name, just so everyone would recognize him (there's just so many "Mike"s in this world), but he went another direction! :bigsmile:

justahobby
Fri, 27th Nov 2009, 01:47 AM
I can see next year Mike trying to convince you into becoming "Mrs. Mike"? :)

Great idea on the post count... makes it sound like a custody battle though! I tried to suggest "Mr. Kristy" for his user name, just so everyone would recognize him (there's just so many "Mike"s in this world), but he went another direction! :bigsmile:

Kristy
Fri, 27th Nov 2009, 08:55 AM
I can see next year Mike trying to convince you into becoming "Mrs. Mike"? :)

Actually, he convinced me to be Mrs. Mike about 15 years ago! :wub:

MRSBIGBIRD123
Sat, 28th Nov 2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks to those who have called and continued to support me, it is because of you I accept the nomination.
It has given me pleasure to organize Events, and further the growth of MAAST. I feel with my background, I can be an integral part of the Board. MAAST has become a family to me and my family has become a part of MAAST. There is so much potential with this Organization, I want to be a part of continuing it's success. I had an opportunity to help with the Non-profit application process and want to see it into existence. Thanks for your continued support.

justahobby
Sat, 28th Nov 2009, 12:31 PM
Last day right? We still have a lot people that haven't accepted or declined. Hopefully, this means people are giving it great consideration before jumping in.

txav8r
Sat, 28th Nov 2009, 12:48 PM

We the BOD are currently trying to modify our bylaws to reflect an online voting process. The bylaws currently state that the elections are to be held at our annual December Meeting. (In Person)
With that being said, IMO We are an ONLINE club and elections/votes etc.. should be held ONLINE..

Nominations- 1 week to end on November 28th

Kristy
Sat, 28th Nov 2009, 01:44 PM
Question regaring BOD eligibility:

What is the official position on the BOD eligibility of a charter member who is affiliated with / employed by / volunteering work for a Sponsor? Is this written somewhere in our bylaws?

Pennies2Cents
Sat, 28th Nov 2009, 01:45 PM
Status update:

We the BOD have yet to come to a decision/vote on how exactly the elections will be held. We will be having a vote started tonight to last 72 hrs to allow for enough time for all members of the board to have their say. Until then the nominations are still open and i will keep you all posted in those results.

If for any reason the vote does not pass we will then follow our bylaws and have the elections held at the December 5th meeting. And this would mean that we would need the majority of all charter members in attendance to to have enough for a quorum and the election votes to count and have an official election with the official results.

So in stating all of the above information We would like to ask again that you, the members participate to your fullest ability.

Thanks
Eve

Ping
Sat, 28th Nov 2009, 08:45 PM
It would be an honor for me to serve the members of MAAST as a member of the Board of Directors.

Mr Cob
Sun, 29th Nov 2009, 01:15 AM
update...

Nomination Accepted:
Hobogato
MrCob
Txav8r
Bstreep
Allan
Mike
MRSBIGBIRD123
Ping

JimD
Troy Valentine
GSEclipse

princer7
Sun, 29th Nov 2009, 12:51 PM
I would like to decline nomination for the upcoming BOD elections. Effective November 24th, I turned in my resignation to the BOD due differences of opinion in how the club was being managed. At this point, I did not feel my input was able make a positive change in the direction the club was heading. There was also unwarranted and continued bias due to my personal friendship with Steve and Cheri. As a former BOD, I had always taken great pride in professionalism with matters affecting the club. Any questions that may arise regarding my resignation please address by PM.

BIGBIRD123
Sun, 29th Nov 2009, 07:58 PM
Jennifer, it was a sad day when you resigned. You have been an integral part in the by-laws re-writing and will be sorely missed. Thanks so much for your help.

Mr Cob
Sun, 29th Nov 2009, 08:45 PM
Jennifer, it was a sad day when you resigned. You have been an integral part in the by-laws re-writing and will be sorely missed. Thanks so much for your help.

Yes. Jennifer... your contribution to the by-laws will be unmatched.

Bill S
Sun, 29th Nov 2009, 09:02 PM
Yes. Jennifer... your contribution to the by-laws will be unmatched.

Dittos. I wish you had reconsidered.

txav8r
Sun, 29th Nov 2009, 09:38 PM
Same here. Your work on the bylaws was much needed. You did a great job (mostly by your self) and I am very thankful for that.

Pennies2Cents
Sun, 29th Nov 2009, 10:49 PM
Jennifer,

Thanks for all your hard work on the Bylaws your work will always be a part of MAAST's history! :)

Thank Again

Pennies2Cents
Mon, 30th Nov 2009, 12:59 AM
It would be an honor for me to serve the members of MAAST as a member of the Board of Directors.

I am grateful that you have accepted your nomination Peter! :) Good Luck! :) Your knowledge will be a great asset to have as a Board of Director. :bighug:

hobogato
Mon, 30th Nov 2009, 10:54 AM
all charter members please view the following poll and vote.

http://www.maast.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55753 (http://www.maast.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55753)

Pennies2Cents
Wed, 2nd Dec 2009, 01:01 AM
Nominations & Acceptances for all BOD Positions will close effective December 2, 2009 @ 6pm.

Mr Cob
Wed, 2nd Dec 2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks, Eve. Here's what we have so far:

update...

Nomination Accepted:
Hobogato
MrCob
Txav8r
Bstreep
Allan
Mike
MRSBIGBIRD123
Ping

JimD
Troy Valentine
GSEclipse

Gseclipse02
Wed, 2nd Dec 2009, 06:39 PM
i would like to except my nomination...

I'm kind of short on time at the moment dealing with car issues right now but figured i would take a break and come in and say yes.

i hope yall will allow me to say why i will be a good asset to maast later on (after 6 ) i wish i could do it right now but I'm going to finish my car first with what sunlight is left

Mr Cob
Wed, 2nd Dec 2009, 06:42 PM
update...

Nomination Accepted:
Hobogato
MrCob
Txav8r
Bstreep
Allan
Mike
MRSBIGBIRD123
Ping
GSEclipse

JimD
Troy Valentine

Kristy
Wed, 2nd Dec 2009, 06:46 PM
Wow, what a race; what a year! There are now 9 people going for those 6 positions!!! Such a great indication of the growth and future of MAAST.

Pennies2Cents
Wed, 2nd Dec 2009, 07:09 PM
The nominations are now closed. Thank you to all & good luck to the nominees.