PDA

View Full Version : VOTE FOR Board of Directors

BIGBIRD123
Thu, 11th Dec 2008, 11:10 PM
We need to fill our BOD positions for the year 2009. We have several positions open and a few recent members not seeking re-election. Here is the current list of Members seeking re-election, the positions they are seeking and nominees for the vacant positions.

The President and Vice President are the only elected Officer positions and you must have been a BOD member 1 year prior to the elections.
Steve Byrd (Bigbird123) President
Sean Hall (cpreefguy) Vice President

Sheri Ancira (Sherri) Treasurer
David Villareal (Solid) 1 yr remaining
Mark Wilson (DrMark) 1 yr remaining

Nominees
Ruben Guerrero (jrsatx)
John Roescher (jroescher)
G-Ray
PenniestoCents
Aggman

We have a full slate of People that desire to serve again and People that are willing to devote their time to serve on the Board. The Nominations are Closed. We need to get this finished by the end of the year, so that the New BOD can begin the terms.

Steve

Aquarium masters
Thu, 11th Dec 2008, 11:51 PM
I would be interested in serving this community.
Eric

Ping
Fri, 12th Dec 2008, 08:15 AM
I am not seeking re-election

ACE
Fri, 12th Dec 2008, 08:30 AM
What about scorpiNO???

greenmako
Sun, 14th Dec 2008, 11:49 AM
I would be interested in serving this community.
Eric

Your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated but unfortunately Sponsors and retailers can not serve on the Board of Directors to avoid conflicts of interest.

Submariner
Sun, 14th Dec 2008, 02:42 PM
What about scorpiNO???

I'll second that.

apedroza
Sun, 14th Dec 2008, 03:34 PM
Hey Steve am I up for re-election??? If so I would still like to serve, even though I don't have a tank right now.

BIGBIRD123
Sun, 14th Dec 2008, 03:47 PM
Anthony, you still have one year left of your term.

Markster
Tue, 16th Dec 2008, 08:56 AM
I would be interested in one of the open BOD positions? What are they?

apedroza
Tue, 16th Dec 2008, 11:07 AM
I would be interested in one of the open BOD positions? What are they?

I beleive you need to be a charter member in order to run for BOD.

Kristy
Wed, 17th Dec 2008, 09:58 AM
Is there an updated list of current BOD somewhere? The one you can link from the home page appears to be old I think. There are the ones listed in the first post seeking re-election but who are the others like Anthony that still have time left on their term? Thanks!

Markster
Wed, 17th Dec 2008, 04:17 PM
I would be interested to serve on a committee. How does one become a charter member? I did not see reference in the membership area.

tony
Wed, 17th Dec 2008, 04:20 PM
I would be interested to serve on a committee. How does one become a charter member? I did not see reference in the membership area.

didnt we have a meeting at your house once?

charter membership is just $25/year

tony
Wed, 17th Dec 2008, 04:24 PM
Is there an updated list of current BOD somewhere? The one you can link from the home page appears to be old I think. There are the ones listed in the first post seeking re-election but who are the others like Anthony that still have time left on their term? Thanks!

that does need to be updated:

IIRC the only 3 bod that will not have to seek reelection are:

apedroza
solid
drmark

and all 3 have 1 year left (2 year term) and have expressed interest in hanging around

officers, not sure about that one but i believe VP will be the only one vacated as sherri, bigbird, cpreefguy will all remain on

dont quote me on any of this though :D

Markster
Thu, 18th Dec 2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, I hosted a meeting a while back. Not sure if my membership is up to date. However, I did pay $25 some time back but my username as always had web member underneath it?

JimD
Thu, 18th Dec 2008, 07:13 PM
You must have let your membership expire, shame on you, lol, time to renew!!! :applause:

cpreefguy
Thu, 18th Dec 2008, 08:02 PM
That is correct, Tony.
The VP spot will be vacant, I will be running to see if I can fill that vacancy.

Markster
Thu, 18th Dec 2008, 10:11 PM
I never was notified it had expired? what's up with that?

Sherri
Thu, 18th Dec 2008, 10:42 PM
I never was notified it had expired? what's up with that?

Expired 12/31/07...it was prob at the time when we changed over websites and began charter memberships year to date rather than ending at the end of the year. ? At that time there were no notifications that I know of. :)

aggman
Sun, 28th Dec 2008, 09:04 PM
so if cpreefguy is running for vp, who is taking the secretary position? and apedroza was not listed with solid and drmark as maintaining their positions, is he not staying on?

~alex

cowboy572
Sun, 28th Dec 2008, 10:02 PM
I don't know about a board position, but I would like to serve on a committee. I can't do much now since I am still gimped up from the accident in Oct. but hopefully by Feb. I be good.

tony
Mon, 29th Dec 2008, 09:37 AM
I don't know about a board position, but I would like to serve on a committee. I can't do much now since I am still gimped up from the accident in Oct. but hopefully by Feb. I be good.

that would not hinder you from being an officer or being on the BOD

BIGBIRD123
Mon, 29th Dec 2008, 03:32 PM
so if cpreefguy is running for vp, who is taking the secretary position? and apedroza was not listed with solid and drmark as maintaining their positions, is he not staying on?

~alex

Anthony has 1 yr remaining too and the Sec position is appointed by the Pres and VP.

Steve

BIGBIRD123
Thu, 1st Jan 2009, 02:49 PM
MAAST proudly announces the New Board of Directors.

Steve Byrd (Bigbird123) President
Sean Hall (cpreefguy) Vice President
Sheri Ancira (Sherri) Treasurer

David Villareal (Solid)
Mark Wilson (DrMark)
Anthony Pedroza (Apedroza)
Ruben Guerrero (jrsatx)
John Roescher (jroescher)
G-Ray
PenniestoCents
Aggman

We will be posting the date of the first BOD meeting soon and at that meeting we will announce the new Secretary. We will be updating your status asap.

Steve

SoLiD
Fri, 2nd Jan 2009, 07:34 PM
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

apedroza
Fri, 2nd Jan 2009, 11:34 PM
Still not listed.. Am i the forgotten black sheep????LOL!!!