PDA

View Full Version : Flow in 24 pod

Darth-Tater
Wed, 25th Jun 2008, 12:58 PM
The tank has been set up a yr. It has the standard return pump on it. I have been using a hydor #2 and a maxijet 900 for extra flow. Had to take down the tank because they are putting new carpet in the front office at school. Question is this. Is the floww setup too much? I keep fish kenya trees (lots) and one mushroom. The tank is doing terrific.

David

RayAllen
Wed, 25th Jun 2008, 01:01 PM
If it doing good I wouldnt change a thing. "Aint broke dont fix" I need to get another hydor koralia myself.

glennr1978
Wed, 25th Jun 2008, 02:39 PM
If it doing good I wouldnt change a thing. "Aint broke dont fix"

That's exactly what I was thinking..

marshall.read
Wed, 25th Jun 2008, 03:01 PM
I kept a 24 pod with just the regular pump and a supplemental 290gph pump and I never had any problems, so you could get by with less. But if those kenya trees aren't getting thrown around too bad then I'd say leave it the way it is. However, I have a green nepthea which is pretty similiar to the kenya trees and I thought it was doing great until I moved to an area with less flow and in a matter of days extended several inches larger than it had been. So I guess if you really want to know one way or the other just remove one of those pumps for a few days and see if things get any better. Similarly, if things stay the same then why not leave the pump out and save the electricity and you'll have one less thing that needs maintenance in the tank.

tony
Wed, 25th Jun 2008, 05:02 PM
i kept a 30g tank with two hydor #3s in it for over a year

i think you are fine :D

VoodooMach
Wed, 25th Jun 2008, 11:46 PM
i kept a 30g tank with two hydor #3s in it for over a year

i think you are fine :D
Wow... rapids meets saltwater.

des
Thu, 3rd Jul 2008, 12:57 PM
flow sounds good to me, i have a mj 900 in my nc