PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious White Eggs??

robert81
Sat, 10th Dec 2005, 09:29 PM
A couple of days ago these white egg looking things appeared in my tank. Can any one help with identification? Are they good? bad? If bad, how do I get rid of them?

Here are some pic..

HELP!!

Ping
Sat, 10th Dec 2005, 09:33 PM
I get them all the time. Nothing to worry about. They may be "pod" or snail eggs. Either way, they do not last too long in my tank before something consumes them.

Instar
Sun, 11th Dec 2005, 01:02 AM
If they about the size of a sesame seed and have what looks like a very light yellow interior when looking at them on the glass, they are Nerite snail eggs. Its all good.

bigdscobra
Sun, 11th Dec 2005, 11:12 AM
Just make sure it doesn't look like this

http://www.melevsreef.com/id/sundial.jpg

the sundial snail NOT REEF SAFE they will eat Zoas ;)

robert81
Sun, 11th Dec 2005, 10:45 PM
If they about the size of a sesame seed and have what looks like a very light yellow interior when looking at them on the glass

EXACTLY!
I just got some nerite snails about 3 weeks ago, I guess they have been busy :skeezy

robert81
Sun, 11th Dec 2005, 10:48 PM
Will they survive?

Instar
Mon, 12th Dec 2005, 01:07 AM
This is not one of the snails that many larva suvive in a smaller closed system usually. If your system was large enough with sump, refugium, rubble areas and freely flowing water column, they can survive. Odds are in favor of other species of snails successfully reproducing in your tank over these though.

GaryP
Mon, 12th Dec 2005, 08:55 AM
They do make good coral food though.

robert81
Mon, 12th Dec 2005, 09:38 PM
They do make good coral food though

cool :D