PDA

View Full Version : January meeting

DeletedAccount
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 12:59 AM
The January meeting will be January 16 at 2 pm near CB Pets in Spring Branch, just off US 281 and HWY 46 in River Crossing. There is a easy entrance off 46 so folks coming from the South can easily sneak in.

The host of this meeting is MARKSTER.

There will be an educational topic... about an educational subject... from the education committee. As soon as I find out what it is, I will pass it on! :D

I hope to see everyone there!

ansonluna
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 01:23 AM
Do you have to be a paid member to attend a meeting? If so, can I pay my dues at the meeting, or do I need to make arrangement before?

DeletedAccount
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 09:30 AM
Anyone is welcome at the meetings! Please come!

theedprado
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 12:57 PM
sounds like a lot of education.

dan
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 02:00 PM
really a nice shop. very nice. if you've never been there you owe it to yourself to go. mark and richard are outstanding and very helpful.

CD
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 02:22 PM
really a nice shop. very nice

I agree - It is a VERY nice shop! However, looks like Misti said "near CB Pets" not "at"...??

Wendy

GaryP
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 05:33 PM
A previous post said the Jan. meeting was being hosted by Mark Goldstein. Is that Markster? He lives in Spring Branch.

Gary

Markster
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 08:40 PM
Yes, that would be the Markster.

I live just off US 281 and HWY 46 in River Crossing. There is a easy entrance off 46 so folks coming from the South can easily sneak in.

I talked with Richard at CB Pets about this event and asked what he could offer. He mentioned he might be able to reduce prices that day only, but I need to reconfirm with him and make sure he can stock up.

GaryP
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 08:43 PM
OK, that does it... Reduced prices? I guess I'll go after all. :)

Gary

Ram_Puppy
Mon, 27th Dec 2004, 09:48 PM
I will be there with bells on.

sharkie
Wed, 29th Dec 2004, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately, I'll be going to the freshwater version of this meeting. :(

When's the next meeting in Austin? I know we are having the HCCC meeting at Carlos' place (River City Aquatics). Any thought of getting him to sponser one in Austin?

chiu

MikeP
Sun, 2nd Jan 2005, 09:45 PM
The topic of this meeting will be Tangs/Surgeons/Rabbitfish given by yours truly. I am going to try and give a brief overview of the most common tangs we encounter , how to select a healthy one , diet, what species to avoid, the dreaded 'can I put a tang in a 75 gallon tank?' and other things related to these awesome fish. If we have time I'll cover some on other Acanthuroids like rabbitfish and the Moorish Idol.

If you all have specific questions on species let me know now and I'll do my best to research what I don't know and consult some fishy experts. Also am planning to have a slideshow/powerpoint presentation - pictures of your fish would be greatly appreciated - just send me a pm to your gallery - I need pics of Sohal, Achilles, Atlantic Blue, Mimic Tangs, Clown Tang, Orange Shoulder , Moorish Idol and any odd rabbitfish -

Hope to see you all there!

-Mike

witecap4u
Sun, 2nd Jan 2005, 11:11 PM
Mike,

I have a couple pics of my old clown tang you can use. One pic does have a battle scar from my old blenny though. Pics are at http://home.austin.rr.com/twad/

cs

OldSalty
Sun, 2nd Jan 2005, 11:43 PM
I guess we need to pay our dues at this one for this year. Guess id better pay up! dont want to get booted :lol:

Markster
Mon, 3rd Jan 2005, 07:37 PM
That will be a great presentation as I have a beautiful Hawaiian Yellow Tang in my 75 gallon.

Markster
Mon, 3rd Jan 2005, 07:42 PM
As far as directions,

From 1604, take 281 North approximately 15 miles to Hwy 46. Take the exit and turn right like you are going to New Braunfels. The entrance to River Crossing is just over the hill on the left. The street you will turn onto is River Way. I live 1.2 miles in at 2459 River Way and the house will be on the right side. The street just before the house is Long Meadow.

From 290, take 281 South approximately 21 miles and the entrance to River Crossing will be on the left just past the silver bridge over the Guadalupe River. Go to the first street, River Way, and turn right. I will 2.1 miles in on the left. The street right before the house is Frontier.

Coming from either New Braunfels or Boerne, take the Hwy 46 entrance and follow directions about from 281 North.

Mark
home 830-885-4443

wkopplin
Mon, 3rd Jan 2005, 08:32 PM
RATS! I will be duck hunting.

Markster
Mon, 3rd Jan 2005, 08:37 PM
Save a duck that weekend!

Jenn
Mon, 3rd Jan 2005, 08:43 PM
MikeP, I sent you a pm on updated pics in my gallery that you can use if you want.

Jenn
Tue, 4th Jan 2005, 07:54 PM
Also got a close-up of the MI if you want to use it.

Nano_Steve
Sat, 8th Jan 2005, 02:17 PM
hey all,

this may have been asked in previous threads but i sadly havent been too active the past couple of months, my apologies.

will we be discussing runnings for officers and board of director positions for the 2005 club year at this meeting or have they already been voted for?

-steve

Sunhutch
Sat, 8th Jan 2005, 04:50 PM
The officers have already been voted on and are currently serving. Check the home page.

Ken

GaryP
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 10:55 AM
Hello all,

Just a quick note to our old charter members. Its that time of year and if you haven't already renewed your membership, the meeting next week would be a perfect time to do so. For those of you that have not become a paying member, this meeting would also be a perfect time to do so.

I'm sure you have seen the value of this website and MAAST. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. We need your support to continue to make this happen and go forward with some of the very exciting things we have planned for the coming years. We have over 900 web members to this site. Less than 100 of them are actually paying members.

There are definitely advantages to being a paying member over and above the support we are giving to such a worthwhile organization. I have more than paid for my membership through the discounts I receive from local supporting LFS sponsors. That's not even mentioning the door prizes I am eligible for as a paying member and have won at the meetings. The discount on one reasonably large purchase of supplies is enough to pay back the cost of a membership. This is definitely a win-win situation for you and for MAAST. MAAST needs your support to go forward with the great plans we have in the works. Obviously you see the value of MAAST or you wouldn't be reading this now. We all know that salt water aquariums can be a fairly expensive hobby. The $25 investment in a membership is insignificant in comparison to what most of you spend on livestock, supplies, and equipment in a year's time. Can you name one single investment that has as much value to you as an aquarist as is the resource that MAAST provides?

While MAAST has provided this resource to you at no cost, we do incur costs to make this availble to you. This website alone has hosting fees that will continue to grow as we the club grows. A lot of folks are very excited about the opportunity to have some rather well known speakers like Eric Borneman come to our meetings. These folks don't do this for free. There are speaker costs and travel expenses that we have to cover to get these sort of folks to come to us. If you would like to see more of this type of thing we need your support.

For more information on becoming a member and upcoming events, please see Misti's (MThueson) sticky post.

Thanks you in advance for your support,
Gary

RobertG
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 12:33 PM
Nicely put Gary, Yes this club needs our support. I really enjoy the site. My dues have been covered & I am sure will & has come back to me many times already.

Lets do our part now. :-D

GaryP
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 12:49 PM
If my Dennis Miller rant above wasn't enough, here's another thing to think about.

How many times have you saved more than $25 because of a group order or someone selling new/used equipment here? How many times have you saved $25 because someone here talked you out of buying that oh so wonderful widget that an LFS told you was the latest and greatest widget? Instead you ended up buying an alternative that has been test driven by folks you know and respect in the hobby. All these things were provided to you as a resource by MAAST that is now asking for your support.

Please don't make me keep posting here until we get your measly $25. :)

Gary

Richard
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 02:15 PM
Gary, I don't sell widgets LOL. Your point is valid though.

I'm not sure if the timing of the meeting at Mark's house is good or bad considering he is only 5 mintues away from the store. We are getting ready to begin tearing down our current saltwater setup and replacing it. This should allow us to provide greater selection and quality to our customers.

I think I will wait until after the meeting to begin tearing it down. Therefore all corals will be dramatically reduced in price. If there is any way to guess the attendance of the meeting that would be helpful so I can decide if I should order some stuff so the selection isn't too limited.

Fish selection will be extremely limited as I do not order fish from mid December thru mid January.

MikeDeL
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 02:36 PM
Here is your MAAST dues broken down.
$25 a year= $2.09 a month

Example: If you go to a LFS that gives a 10% discount to MAAST members and spent $21 a month there, your membership would be paid just by buying what you already needed or wanted to get anyway.

Example: If you go to a LFS that gives a 10% discount to MAAST members and you spent $42 a month there (Im sure no one has any trouble doing and already does spend it) you would actually be earning money. You would have made a $25 investment and it will be given back to you. And the more you spend the more you earn.

So like Gary said, whats a $25 investment? You will earn it back in no time.

JimD
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 03:18 PM
Ok, I've just renewed my membership! Who's next?
Its simple! Paypal address:
treasurer@MAAST.org

SBreef
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 05:02 PM
I will be there, and I will renew my membership then also.

Roy

SaltyJim
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 05:46 PM
As to supporting this organization, I think it is a great idea, just as others have said, and i have done in the past. Membership does have it's priviledges.

I just wonder how much more involvement we would get if we could occasionally have a meeting on a Saturday for once. I, for one, can NEVER make it to a Sunday meeting. That is especially true if the meeting are always in San Antonio. This may not be a big deal to some, but the extra perk of "the door prizes I am eligible for as a paying member and have won at the meetings" are not available to me. Maybe the remedy to that would be to have the prize awarded through a member drawing (of all paid members) instead of giving to one person that happens to be in attendance. That way, some of us that don't make it, don't miss out on all of that stuff. I don't think it is right (at this point anyway) to include these items as a benefit that you get from MAAST. It's more of being in the right place at the right time. Also, aren't non-members always welcome at the monthly meetings? Are they eligible to win?

Membership does have it's privildges, they just aren't available to ALL members, and hopefully that will change. :|

feel free to flame away...

rocketeer
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 06:19 PM
Is anybody bringing frags to trade? I can bring some green digitatta, purple tip acro, purple rim cap, colt, yellow stars , green stars and proto-palythoa.

Jack

::pete::
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 06:25 PM
Is anybody bringing frags to trade? I can bring some green digitatta, purple tip acro, purple rim cap, colt, yellow stars , green stars and proto-palythoa.

Jack

Another plus with membership! Sure you can attend the meeting without being a charter member and frag swap, but without Maast you wouldnt be able too!!

Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 06:27 PM

Jack

Jack I assume its green with purple rim? Ill purchase a frag from you bring it along.

DeletedAccount
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 06:44 PM
SaltyJim,
Feb meeting (Eric Borneman) is in Austin! I hope you can make it. More meetings are held in SA, but that is becasue the SA folks volunteer their homes more than the Austin group. I would LOVE to have more Austin meetings! Austin is a great town that I love to visit! Without Jim Norris there, I do not get the chance to visit often enough.

I think the prizes for paid members occasionally (drawn from a hat) is a great idea. We will definitely figure out how to do that!

And we are going to talk about Saturday meetings at the BOD meeting at the end of Jan. One thing we are thinking about is having a Sat meeting each quarter. We are working on it!

No flaming! You brought up valid points!

Misti

CD
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 06:54 PM
Maybe the remedy to that would be to have the prize awarded through a member drawing (of all paid members)

Jim - You have a valid point here, and I hope that your suggestion can be taken into consideration by our board of directors. As far as where the meetings are held, so far I think they've been doing a pretty good job of trying to split between the Austin and S. Antonio areas, however, if the meetings were on Saturdays more often, I know it would be *much* more convenient for us Austin members to drive down to S.Ant. and not have to be worried about being ragged out from driving and have to go to work the next day...same thing for the S.Ant. people coming to Austin. I also think it would be fun to just have frag swaps every once in awhile - not *just* at the meetings. This is a growing organazation though, and I'm sure the bigger we get, all of these things will come together...of course it will be harder to reach these goals if we don't have more paying members!!!

I would love to volunteer our house for a future meeting also. Maybe that's why more meetings are in S.Ant.? I don't know who to talk to about this though. Maybe someone could LMK?

I'm hoping no one "flames" you for your comments, as I said before, they are *all* valid concerns.

Wendy

Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 07:00 PM
Also, aren't non-members always welcome at the monthly meetings? Are they eligible to win?

Jim, non members are welcome, but not eligible for the door prizes. They are eligible for raffles I beleive. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

JimD
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 07:01 PM
COOL! We get to trash Wendy & Chris' house! lol, Im there!

GaryP
Sun, 9th Jan 2005, 08:57 PM
Wendy,

Drop a note to Misti about hosting a meeting.

Gary

dan
Tue, 11th Jan 2005, 02:01 PM
ok i got it straight where the meeting is at. thanks CD

GaryP
Tue, 11th Jan 2005, 02:47 PM
Is Dan going to show up? Two meetings in a row? Wow! Maybe he'll even drag OldSalty and Gator along with him. They've been known to run in packs.

Gary

dan
Tue, 11th Jan 2005, 04:01 PM
no gator :scold: he's going to be skiing and won't be back in time. maybe old salty

GaryP
Tue, 11th Jan 2005, 04:05 PM
That Gator will sure go out of his way to miss a meeting. I guess the only way we'll get him to one is if we all show up at his house again.

Surprise!!! Where's the breisket?

Gary

Markster
Tue, 11th Jan 2005, 09:47 PM
I am very close in cancelling the meeting at my house. I have lost five fish in the last two days and very distrout about it. Of my remaining three fish, I think two of them are affected and may pass also. Suddenly, the fish in question were covered with white spots on their body, eyes, and fins. My quick remedies did not work and the deaths were sudden.

DeletedAccount
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 09:54 AM
First do a big water change, check for stray voltage, and see if the temp is getting too high.

I am sorry about the problems you are having!

Polkster13
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 10:21 AM
Please don't cancel the meet.

I am truely sorry to hear about your losses. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

don-n-sa
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 10:27 AM
Markster...very sorry about your loss

Misti and to everyone,

I just checked with my Wife and we can have the meeting at my house if Markster cancels. I live in NC San Antonio near 1604 and bitters

DeletedAccount
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 10:32 AM
The meeting will not be cancelled. The location may change, but the meeting will go on!

Thanks, Don!

DeAngelove
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 10:34 AM
Dude... what is the deal with people having a tank crash or massive fish death right before hosting the meeting at their house? That is so not cool...

Markster- hope some of your stuff pulls through! I know how much tank crashes royally stink! :-/ My nano crashed last summer while I was out of town... at a MAAST meeting (the one in Corpus Christi) of all things.

Thanks Don for offering to host the meeting, if necessary! :)

Markster
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 11:16 AM
I am down to two fish but everything else is okay (inverts, corals, etc.). Temp is regulated, stray voltage?, and I did a water change last weekend. I am running Melafix and was going to do a larger water change later this week.

I will not cancel the meeting so please come enjoy my reef.

DeletedAccount
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 11:49 AM
Wonderful to hear! We will see you Sunday!

Richard
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 02:48 PM
I've been told that a number of people are planning on stopping by the store after the meeting. So I'll have to apologize in advance for the lack of livestock we have. My new tanks are coming early next week so I really need to get moving. So....

Effective NOW
All corals are 50% off.
Note: There are some injured/damaged corals that have lingered here for quite awhile - Make offer and give em some love. Otherwise I'll have to take them home.

We hope to host meeting one of these days and will provide some great deals and goodies then.

Also, Once all the corals are gone - I will be tossing the sandbeds in these tanks so if anyone wants any just bring a container and help yourself. Again, after the corals are gone.

AlexKilpatrick
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 03:07 PM
Anyone in the N Austin / Round Rock area interested in car-pooling down for the meeting?

Polkster13
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 03:13 PM
Alex,

I am going and will have room if you want to catch a ride with me. We can meet at my office and leave from there. Give me a call on my cell if you are interested.

I will need to take the Jeep as I will be pulling a trailer to deliver the rest of the 50 gallon drums.

CD
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 03:14 PM
Effective NOW
All corals are 50% off.

Heheh...this could get ugly. Stampede!!! :o :o
Thank you, Richard! We've bought corals from you in the past, and am looking forward to seeing you again. Sure wish your store was in Austin, but it's still *well* worth the trip. ;)

Wendy

Oh, Richard - What time do you open on Sundays?

Markster
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 07:32 PM
His thread shows 10 to 6 on Sundays.

GaryP
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 07:41 PM
They changed their hours. Is that the new or old hours?

Gary

NaCl_H2O
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 07:44 PM
Effective NOW
All corals are 50% off.

Richard, we need a LIST of all MAAST members that skip the meeting and show up at your store early :-D

Richard
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 08:58 PM
The hours on the sig are the new current hours.

I think at the current rate the tank will be empty before Sunday. It's been a little hectic. Still some good things left though.

Only 1 MAAST person though :confused:

Have had a few calls but sorry the croceas and squamosa @ $22 are were the first to go.

alexwolf
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 09:36 PM
Richard, I sent you a PM but didnt get a response. Did you get it?

RobertG
Wed, 12th Jan 2005, 10:59 PM
Jim indeed you do have valid points. I second the drawing idea. Second third whatever sounds good.

Misti if you need a Austin location, the group is always welcome. The tank is looking great, I have also changed lots of things... :-D
I promise not to change the date on us!!!!

Robert

SBreef
Thu, 13th Jan 2005, 11:07 AM
Again Richard, Thanks!
Got everything in the tank, and the bubble coral started to fill up again last night. Everything is Happy!!

Roy

theedprado
Fri, 14th Jan 2005, 08:06 PM
i am going to bring some frags to sell or trade to the meeting. see my post in for sale trade if interested.

DeletedAccount
Sat, 15th Jan 2005, 07:52 PM
Is there anyone interested in some chateomorpha or leather frags? I will be bringing some if anyone is interested.

theedprado
Sat, 15th Jan 2005, 09:08 PM
i could use some chateo, want to trade?

DeletedAccount
Sat, 15th Jan 2005, 10:11 PM
Sure thing. I will bring the chateo.

AlexKilpatrick
Sat, 15th Jan 2005, 10:55 PM
I will be bringing some Ben Franklin frags to trade for coral frags. My frags will grow, but they prefer dark bank vaults over metal halide. :)

theedprado
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 04:16 AM
We are getting ready to begin tearing down our current saltwater setup and replacing it.

are you planning to sell the old setup?

SBreef
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 09:44 AM
I will not be able to make the meeting. I got a cold last week, and of course it got worse over the weekend. See you all at the next meeting hopefully.

Roy

Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 09:56 AM
Texas crud ... ;) Ive been fighting it all week maybe longer.

wtrujillo
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 11:14 AM
anybody have exact direction to markster's house?

DeletedAccount
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 11:19 AM
His exact address is 2459 River Way, Spring Branch, 78070

NaCl_H2O
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 11:19 AM
Texas crud ... ;) Ive been fighting it all week maybe longer.

Welcome home to Texas!!!

Markster
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 02:36 PM
As far as directions,

From 1604, take 281 North approximately 15 miles to Hwy 46. Take the exit and turn right like you are going to New Braunfels. The entrance to River Crossing is just over the hill on the left. The street you will turn onto is River Way. I live 1.2 miles in at 2459 River Way and the house will be on the right side. The street just before the house is Long Meadow.

From 290, take 281 South approximately 21 miles and the entrance to River Crossing will be on the left just past the silver bridge over the Guadalupe River. Go to the first street, River Way, and turn right. I will 2.1 miles in on the left. The street right before the house is Frontier.

Coming from either New Braunfels or Boerne, take the Hwy 46 entrance and follow directions about from 281 North.

Mark
home 830-885-4443

CD
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 02:42 PM
Well, as we were backing out of the garage, we realized that the LF tire on the car was flat...tire separation, and no place that sells the type tire we need is open today. Wahhhhhh :cry: I really wanted to make this meeting. Anybody got a tape recorder they can tape the speach on Tangs? This really SUCKS!! :cry:

Wendy

JimD
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 04:01 PM
Ride the Harley!!!

Sherri
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 07:33 PM
Mark...just wanted to thank you for hosting the meeting at your beautiful home. Mike...awesome informative talk on tangs. Really enjoyed it and learned a few things too. Always great to see same faces and new faces. Appreciate all the work involved in putting it together. Great turnout!

Also...seems as tho the whole group either caught CB Pets on their way to the meeting or after....OR BOTH. Thanks Richard for all the specials...Good luck & looking forward to the new setups.

Markster
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 11:13 PM
It was a great meeting and I love hosting. Look for another meeting this summer at the pool!

Burl135
Sun, 16th Jan 2005, 11:45 PM
As a new member, I would like to say this first meeting was very informative and I look forward to the year ahead. I thank everyone in attendance for the warm welcome into the MAAST Organization. Kudos to Markster!

Anthony :-D

Polkster13
Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 08:36 AM
Hey Markster,

After hearing the presentation on Tangs, I just knew you were going to convert that pool to saltwater and put in a school of Paracanthurus hepatus. :lol2:

But on the serious side, thanks for hosting. You have a lovely home and a very nice tank. A big tank you to the missus for allowing all of us hooligans to invade HER home.

It was truely unfortunate that you lost most of your fish prior to the meeting. I really appreciate you going ahead and hosting anyway.

To everyone else,

A big thank you to everyone that showed up and picked up (and paid for) their barrels. I was really worried I would have to bring some back. As it is I have orders for at least 3 more.

Thanks CB Pets for allowing me to clean out four of your tanks. I checked on all of the leathers and over half had already extended polyps this morning. The mushroom is doing great and I am looking forward to the Helipora (Blue Ridge) to extend its polyps. The live sand/substrate made it home in great shape even though I had too much water in the 50 gallon trough. Not much spilt from all of the sloshing. I hope to get the live sand cultures up and runinng this week. The Cryptocentrus lutheri (Luther's Watchman Goby) is making himself at home in his new 135 gallon reef tank.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the next meeting and until then, happy reefing! :D

6LINE
Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 11:36 AM
I agree. This was my first meeting and i enjoyed going. I even payed my dues and became a charter member. So, i look forward to future meetings. I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning alot.

Jerry

AlexKilpatrick
Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 01:02 PM
Well, as we were backing out of the garage, we realized that the LF tire on the car was flat...tire separation, and no place that sells the type tire we need is open today. Wahhhhhh :cry: I really wanted to make this meeting. Anybody got a tape recorder they can tape the speach on Tangs? This really SUCKS!! :cry:

Wendy

Mike had the presentation in powerpoint (I think) and he promised to post it somewhere for folks to download. It isn't the same as being there, but it does have some great information, and lots of good pictures.

CD
Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 02:07 PM
Cool!! Thanks for letting me know, Alex :D

Wendy

Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 02:13 PM
There is a link on the home page to meeting pictures or just go here (http://www.maast.org/modules.php?set_albumName=January-05-Meeting-%40-Marksters&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&inclu de=view_album.php) to view the pictures.

MikeP
Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 03:35 PM
I will have a copy of the lectur up soon after I make a few corrections and add some things like adult size, geographic region and reccomended tank sizes for the tangs pictured.

Glad everyone enjoyed it - hopefully you can avoid an interrogation by the tang police now.

Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 03:45 PM
Sounds good ... I missed the meeting so looking forward to it, thanks.

Richard
Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 04:43 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who help clean out my tanks. I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to setting up some real SW systems.

GaryP
Mon, 17th Jan 2005, 04:47 PM
Richard,

Just let us know the next time you need to get rid of some of those pesky corals. I know how they have a tendency to just take over a tank. We're always ready to help out a good cause. As always, thanks for your support.

Gary

Alamo
Tue, 18th Jan 2005, 12:45 AM
Thank you Mark for the loan of your house and TV, reefing and football OHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH !! Nice to meet some newbies like myself as well , had a great time, and im looking forward to FEB :)
John