PDA

View Full Version : JBJ nanocube divider fix, need cool idea to complete

longhorn_20m
Mon, 29th Sep 2003, 03:21 PM
I have been reading some nano sites about the JBJ nano cube and found a manufactuer problem. It deals with the second divider. The divider has holes in it middle way down and at the bottom. The problem is it shouldn't have this and should be a single piece of plastic so water overflows over it to the bioball/pump sections, which should be at same height.

Here is my problem. My tank has been setup for almost two months and I can't empty it out to fix this. So how could I attach a piece of acrylic, without using some kindof glue that has to be dry to use? I was thinking cutting two pieces of acrylic the same size as teh divider, put one on each side adn someone hold them together to cover teh holes?

Any genius ways of doing this? Some kind of clip, but must be strong enough to hold them, and also not affect water with toxins or such?

Any ideas?

Texreefer
Mon, 29th Sep 2003, 04:39 PM
super glue gel will work fine

brewercm
Mon, 29th Sep 2003, 04:42 PM
Another option would possibly try this stuff that can be used under water. It may give a little more play time than super glue if you need more time.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?CatalogCustomerNum=&catalognum=&p CatId=9822&prodId=18434&catId=964723&siteid=6

matt
Mon, 29th Sep 2003, 05:20 PM
This will work if you have room, but it may be more work than draining the tank and using weldon to attach "patches" to the holes. What you can do is cut two pieces of acrylic to cover the holes on both sides, some neoprene to act as a gasket between one of your patches and the original wall, and drill through the patches where the holes are in the original wall. Then use nylon thumbscrews and wing-nuts to clamp the patches on either side of the original wall. If you can get the chamber dry, or even one side dry, you can just glue your patches on with weldon. I personally don't like #16, but it will work in this case. I can;t really picture what you're talking about, so it's hard for me to know if these ideas are possibilities.